• This topic has 19 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • show me your hecklers
  • rockyb23
    Free Member

now I’m sure this has been done many times before but I’ve got a hardon for a heckler at the mo and looking for inspiration

I would be looking for a small frame and building into a AM/light DH machine (coil shock, 160mm marz forks) so would be particularly interested in seeing any that fit that description…

Burts
    Free Member

Sorry, large frame with Pikes but heh, its a Heckler! Hoping to get a shorter stem and 160mm forks this season to make it even more fun.

jwr

My Heckler doesn’t really fit your description, but here it is anyway:

This photo was taken when it was freshly built… it doesn’t look so shiny any more 😉

-j

rockyb23
    Free Member

fits it close enough, tbh, what size frame is that on the yellow one?

And what are the reports, ride-wise? How does it compare to previous/subsequent rides? Worth a punt?

Gooner
    Free Member

here’s mine and she is great;

jwr

Mine’s a medium. Compared to my previous / other FS bikes (Cove Hustler and SC Bullit) it is generally good all round. Climbs well, descends well… the bike can certainly handle more than I can. I ride a lot of big-hill terrain (Grampians and Cairngorms), the Heckler suits me perfectly.

I still prefer my Bullit for DH’ing though (see my webshite for piccies of the Bullit). It’s a bit more planted and solid, but a lot of that is down to the build rather than the frame.

-j

I_Ache
    Free Member

gooner how does it ride with the lyrik at 160mm?

Im thinking of one with a Wotan and an RP23

Gooner
    Free Member

it rides superb and climbs
    i only use it at the trail centres, alps etc the frame is a 2005 but everything else is only 12 months old
    i have been thinking of getting the new frame but can’t really justify it as it goes so well as it is

I_Ache
    Free Member

Nice. How does it climb? And finally and this is open to everybody how heavy are they?

Gooner
    Free Member

does climb well but as i said i only ride her at trail centres and the alps (uplifts!) so not a gtreat deal of climbing

weight – not sure but 30lbs tops at a guess

Gooner
    Free Member

l_ache if you are ever up yorkshire way you are welcome to try it

daveh
    Free Member

This piccy is so old its pretty much back to this spec lol!

Really must take a pic somewhere nicer than my garage!

Burts
    Free Member

Mine is about 35lb as you see it above, which I personally would like to make a bit lighter for generally trail duties. That’s with a DHX5 coil, Pike 426 coil u-turn, WTB Dual-Duty FR rims and fairly robust finishing kit.

I’m also interested to know how it climbs with a 160mm fork, wondering if I need to bother with travel-adjust (U-Turn/TALAS) for those steep granny climbs?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Thanks Gooner although not often up that way.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Want one… really want one.

deserter
    Free Member

i got a 2nd hand one as a stop gap and it’s blown me away its ace

mAx_hEadSet

Popular Canadian Heckler / Heckling

stevebrock
    Free Member

rockyb23
    Free Member

that looks lush…

Drac

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘show me your hecklers’ is closed to new replies.