Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Show me your diy helmet light mounts please…
  • avalanche
    Free Member

I am busy converting a LED torch to mount on my lid. It will have a separate battery pack and a wire to the modified and shortened torch body. I need some genius ideas for mounting it. Anyone got any wizard plans? Cheers.

wwaswas

your best bet is to use an existing mount.

I got a cateye helmet mount and screwed the ‘light’ half of the mount to the torch – was really secure and allowed proper adjustment of the light once on the helmet.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

mine is simply a couple of o rings and a cable tie holding them together, Thread it thru a vent hole at the top of the helmet and back out thru one at the back leaves two rubber loop to thread the torch shaped body thru – a bit of foam under it to stop it sliding about.

I strongly believe in a breakaway mount for the light – this holds it steady and would come off if caught on anything

I’ll sort a pic out

edit – I altered the design – I forgot

Pics in a mo

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Zipties… 🙂

tang
    Free Member

cut inner tube mount(similar in principle to tj) and tesco torch. there are some pics on here somewhere.

jonb
    Free Member

also works on a helmet. Probably a bit late for my patent now. Ghetto helmet mounts ™

I bought some lockblock things of ebay. Two perpendicular velcro straps with a rubber mount between them. Much better and only a couple of quid.

markinoxon
    Free Member

I just have a £6 walking head torch on mine – the straps work a treat at holding it in place.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

hee 001 by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

hee 002 by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

footflaps

Homemade helmet mount by brf, on Flickr

Jamie
    Free Member

avalanche
    Free Member

Thanks for the input guys. Great ideas

GW
    Free Member

for me, a couple of strips of 3M dual lock (industrial velcro) and a velcro cable tie is more than enough to hold a DX P7 torch on my head.

anyone mount a light on their head without a helmet?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

GW – Member
    anyone mount a light on their head without a helmet?

I fitted a couple of M6 studs in my skull especially for this. Ti of course

Jonb has the best design – I shall steal it

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Show me your diy helmet light mounts please…’ is closed to new replies.