• This topic has 112 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by will.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)
  • Show me your Dirty Reiver bike setup…
  • TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

Here’s mine (technically it’s for the Dirty One Thirty). Now ready after just finishing the final pre-event fettle.

This is my first attempt at anything like this so interested to see if there’s anything obvious I’ve missed?

Crosslight Pro6.
    TRP Spyres
    1×11 (38 – 11/36).
    Panaracer Gravelking SK 35mm tubeless.
    Garmin 800, battery should last?
    Tubes, tools, waterproof, buff, survival blanket all in a large Topeak wedge drybag.
    Food, gilet, phone in jersey pockets
    Whistle will be round neck. It’s tied to the handlebars so I don’t forget it!

jonnyrockymountain

jonnyrockymountain

Just looks like it’s me an you Jamie

MarkE25

And me!! Can never work out how to post photos, but will be on a kinesis cross light 5T with a nano on the front and something a bit narrower on the rear (tried a nano in the rear but it fouls the stays so will have to have a look in the garage and find a different rear tyre). Looking forward to it.

jordie
    Free Member

I did it last year on a MTB good day out but those Gravel bikers had loads of puntures I would stock up on tubes. I must have seen about 200 punctures, have fun it is a good route

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Mine’s not quite finished yet…

Cutting it a bit fine? Me?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Still building mine…

tazzymtb

this thing, with novel toast rack toptubes for extra storage of stuff and a hip flask with a nice single malt in.

scud
    Free Member

[/url]a by Scud75, on Flickr[/img]

Down the long route but may have to switch to short as i’ve done s*d all riding this year after 9000 miles last, hoping that somewhere in the first few miles my legs remember what to do!

twinklydave

Can’t link to images on Instagram

Same as ‘cross season really…though I’m on the cheapo clincher wheels rather than carbon tubs, and there’s a bottle cage on there now, and a saddle bag with a couple of spare tubes/tyre levers/extra chammy cream/that sort of stuff, oh and some lights too, as per the required kit list 🙂

bikerbruce
    Free Member

52mm Vee Rubber Tyres, Lauf fork (Pronounced Luuf ) 42t x 11x42t XT Di2 with left up right down! on TRP HYLEX Rs. Praxis Chainset with special wheel oh and a new frame, Restrap top bag for spares whilst riding.

Look forward to seeing people up there!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Bounce is cheating!

snipsnap
    Free Member

Pickenflick, Hope wheels, Brooks tape, gravelking 40c tyres, deuter frame bags for tools and food.
    Just gotta remember my legs now!

Nipper99
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TpqZxw]P1000749[/url] by jamesanderson2010, on Flickr

All City MK. Either with a frame bag or seat bag.

bikebouy
    Free Member

A CXer with 40C tyres that have some grip and 2xwhatever and some tubes, a bit of food, phone (but you’ll get no signal) a rain jersey and a grin is all you need.

Just enjoy the day out, it’s a spectacular place to be on a bike.

jonnyrockymountain

Hope there is some more that’s doing it on mtb??? don’t wanna be the only one

tazzymtb

Johnny- there are at least a few more rigid singlespeed folks playing as well as me, so there will be other mountain bikes there just rigid, one geared ones, being ridden up the hills slowly, to the soundtrack of creaking knees and slurping hipflasks. 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

Last year I’d say 60-40 split CXer to MTB.

Can’t remember seeing any SSers though, but it’s a good course for SS as there are only a couple of really steep sections, but some of the long 18% + climbs may make you hurl chunks..
    it’s a sort of uppy-downy rolly-polly chunky-firetraily ride, if that makes sense ..

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

but some of the long 18% + climbs

long ok, 18% sort of ok, long and 18% arggghh!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

IIRC there were only a couple of them, and to be honest they were all in stunning scenery 😀

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Niner emd, carbon rigid fork with 1×10. 32t up front and 11-40 in the rear. 38mm G-ones set up tubeless….flat bars and bar ends!!! With a camelback so I can carry everything I might possibly need!!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Camel back for 120miless…

That sounds grim!

I’m going full trouserclip with a carradice saddlepack

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Just what I’m used to. Wore it for a recent 50miler and it was fine

jeremydcooper
    Free Member

So I am going for my Santa Cruz Stigmata running:

Lauf forks
    1 x 11 40 oval front with a 11 – 42 rear cassette
    Front Tyre WTB Nano 40c
    Rear Tyre WTB Riddler 37c
    I have a Ortlieb saddle bag and a Mack Workshop stem bag.

Looking forward to 200km of gravel riding – See you all Saturday 😀

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

That is a beaut! Always fancied a stigmata

jonnyboi

cx bike with flared drops, schwalbe g-one 38s tubeless, 2×11 with 32 out the back, nice comfy seat and as much kit hanging off the bike as possible. hoping to avoid any kind of backpack this year.

Out of interest, what kind of times are people aiming for?

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’ll just be happy with finishing.

scud
    Free Member

joshvegas – Member
    I’ll just be happy with finishing.

I’m with you there! Never felt less confident going into an event than i have this one, part of me knows i’ve done longer events, but hardly been on bike in last few months due to family restrictions and part of me is already thinking “well i could switch to the short route and take in the scenery” which is not the attitude to start with!!

jonnyrockymountain

Scud, that’s why i’m signed on the 130km

jonnyrockymountain

PS those whose done it, im thinking of 2.1 rocket ron front and 2.1 thunderburt rear, whats your thoughts?
    Or I have a pair of new 1.9 renegades?

downhillfast
    Free Member

Alloy GT Grade with Kenda Happy Medium Pro 35c tyres set up tubeless.
    50/34 rings with a 11-speed 12-32 cassette out back.
    Debating whether to use a Camelbak or go with a small top tube bag and a couple of Alpkit Stem Cells that I have… hmm….

Oh, and I’ve never ridden further than about 80 miles before, so I’m guessing it’s going to be “emotional” 🙂

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ll be on a Specialized AWOL Comp set up with Crossmax SLRs, tubeless s-works renegades and a 32t xx1 crankset instead of the stock 38t giving me 32/42. Top tube bag for gels etc and and saddlebag for everything else.

Currently debating my choice of footwear – winter boots? shoes? with overshoes? Decisions..

joshvegas
    Free Member

13x118

di2ultegra barends

Am I doing it wrong?

jeremydcooper
    Free Member

IvanDobski – I am having the same debate about footwear.

What is everyone else thinking? Winter, Shoe, or overshoes awell?

Nipper99
    Free Member

If dry these:

If wet and cold these:

stumpy01

Can you all give my mate Bryan a few words of encouragement if you see him out on the course….?!

He hasn’t got much riding in, so will probably be struggling round.

He’ll be on a turquoise Salsa Warbird with Lauf fork, some carbon wheels and 42C tyres with skin sidewalls. The tart.

scud
    Free Member

Can you all give my mate Bryan a few words of encouragement if you see him out on the course….?!

He hasn’t got much riding in, so will probably be struggling round.

He’ll be on a turquoise Salsa Warbird with Lauf fork, some carbon wheels and 42C tyres with skin sidewalls. The tart.

I won’t be “encouraging” him i’ll be pushing him off that bike and pedalling the fastest my stumpy legs have carried me!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Thick merino socks

Shoes

Overshoes

My winterboots are miserable after a few hours above freezing.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Just being a punter and doing the 130 I am preparing myself to be in awe at the array of STW gods that will no doubt be doing their stuff on Saturday. What’s the correct form for being in the presence of STW omnipotence – how awestruck should one be or will hands and knees grovelling suffice.

scud
    Free Member

What’s the correct form for being in the presence of STW omnipotence – how awestruck should one be or will hands and knees grovelling suffice.

No need, the amount of weight i’ve gained recently i have my own gravity to pull you in..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Dirty Reiver bike setup…’ is closed to new replies.