Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Show me your Cotic BFe!
  • GaryLake
    Free Member

Been looking for a small nippy playing in the woods/4X bike. Quite fancied the new Orange Miii but it's crazy money and the new blue BFe has really caught my eye.

Post your BFe pics please.

Also, if Cy is reading this, I'm 5'9" and am quite tempted by the new 14" but not sure if it'll be the right size. I've never owned a 4X type bike before so looking for some guidance. I normally ride an 18" Five and the 14.5" BFe has a top tube only 3cm shorter which makes me think it might be alright. I'd be looking to ride it in the local woods as well but it'll be a straight frame swap for my singlespeed so already used to standing up a lot 😀

Btw, also considering a Charge Blender, DMR Sidekick/Trailstar, Dialled Holshot and similar…

Lanesra
    Free Member

show me the search button

Ed-O
    Free Member

Here's Singletrack Matt's BFe, with Fox 36 Talas and Hammerschmidt, that I was riding in the Lakes for a while in August.

No Holeshots left, sorry.

The new Reynolds 853 version should be out next year.

trusz
    Free Member
    DeeW
    Free Member

Check out the new BFe in the Cotic Bikeshow video on the homepage: looks sweet in blue.

If you're after a Holeshot I've got a frame maybe for sale. Also in blue in pretty good nick: hardly used. Also fitted with ProblemSolvers front mech stop.

I'm 5'9" and could get the saddle up to xc height with a 410mm Thomson

Dave

trusz
    Free Member

I'm 6'2" and use a 410mm post right up on a large size. Ride it everywhere and love it. The new blue one does look sweet!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Cheers guys! Yes, I'm very much in love with the new blue ones! In terms of travel, I've got a set of Floats which I've had dropped to 100mm, I could get them set back to 120 or 140, 100 seems to be the norm for jump/4X though… thoughts?

I'm really worried about what size to get though, instinct says go for a 14.5" but not sure… I'll try emailing them…

Lanesra, are literally such an ass that you actually bothered to bump this from page two, just to be an ass?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I've got a medium sized orange one. Probably got the last one before they sold out.

Rides nicely, bit different to my Alpine. Its slightly longer but feels like it has a much lower bb height, which is nice when your 6 foot 2.

Lowered my marzocchi z1's to 120mm and they feel about right.

If i was using it as you describe then I wouldnt run any longer forks that 100mm, thats what I used on my old trailstar and it felt sweet for jumps and stuff.

I'd probably see if you can try a 16inch Bfe or Soul, theres bound to be loads knocking about. If it feels to long then go for the smaller one.

I'd say a blender or trailstar also looks like a good option though.

My old trailstar

Action shot

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Cotic BFe!’ is closed to new replies.