Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Show me your………. Carbon framed AM bikes
  • Here be mine for starters…..

Edit – frickin website shrinks pics and makes them all pixellated

Houns

I'll come back to this thread in a couple of months to post mine hopefully

coogan
    Free Member

Plastic tat.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    GeeWavetree
    Free Member

did you get the wheels sorted?

fontmoss
    Free Member

as AM as I need

now with rigid forks for extra gnarliness

Not going to post them all again, but hopefully this one will come out better.

GWT – the front is still useable, but just slung the rear in the shed and bought a Mavic EN521 on Hope Pro2 with DT DB spokes.

Will see how it holds up at Fort Bill this coming weekend

coogan – Member
    Plastic tat.

Joke or serious?

pedalhead
    Free Member

Clicky for biggy…

Houns – Member
    I'll come back to this thread in a couple of months to post mine hopefully

Whatcha getting Houns?

Houns

Wait and see 8)

daveells
    Free Member

Mine

I'd wager it says Santa Cruz on the downtube Houns??

fontmoss
    Free Member

loving the santa cruzs

druidh
    Free Member

TAFKASTR – watch those rubber bumpers on the fork legs don't get turned around. We had a carbon Enduro in the shop today with a badly damaged frame where the legs had been impacting the frame – and all because the bumpers had got twisted.

ojom
    Free Member

Was just about to mention that Druidh.

Never seen actual holes punctured in a frame like that before. Not good.

Hope he manages to get something sorted out.

druidh – Member
    TAFKASTR – watch those rubber bumpers on the fork legs don't get turned around. We had a carbon Enduro in the shop today with a badly damaged frame where the legs had been impacting the frame – and all because the bumpers had got twisted.

Yeah cheers – been riding it for a while now and they do spin (keep meaning to fix them), but I am pretty meticulous about making sure they're aligned. They tend to move when handling/cleaning rather than when riding.

druidh
    Free Member

Would it be possible to fix them with some double-sided sticky tape?

Possibly, but I doubt that would take well to water. Might try the old hairspray trick, but they may be a bit too loose. Failing that some nail varnish, or even superglue would work – just not got round to it yet.

dano
    Free Member

fence could do with a lic of varnish/creosote…

Whole garden could do with some TLC dano

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Ooh, I've got one of them!!!

dano
    Free Member

your fence is much better…

Nice Ginge

How comes you have a grey rear shock? And don't you find those stock Enduro bars a tad narrow?

I note your XT chainset suggesting like me you built it up yourself – are they Elixir brakes you've got on it?

coogan
    Free Member

TAFKASTR – serious question, do you really need the layback post? You seat looks quite far forward that a staright post would work? Or not. Just wondered.

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

The bars are the S-works carbon low rise ones not the Enduro and seem just fine. The brakes are Magura Marta SL, which are lovely!!! As for the shock, I have no idea, it's just the one it came with, may just be the photo!!
    I did build it myself, however now changed it for a Race Face Atlas in black!!!

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Just found another picture!!!

coogan – Member
    TAFKASTR – serious question, do you really need the layback post? You seat looks quite far forward that a staright post would work? Or not. Just wondered.

Nah, don't need it – it's just the Thomson that came with the frame. It only gives the same offset as a straight post with a layback head mind you. I'm getting an adjustable (dropper) post soon and have been looking at the KS i950 which is in-line, which would probably put the clamp just about smack in the middle of the rails.

I'm an odd size – just under 6ft, but with daft long legs and shortish torso, so I need a large frame and lots of seatpost. The Enduro has a long wheelbase too, hence the forward saddle position.

ChrisL

Ibis Mojo SL:

j-claw
    Free Member

Ditch the Specialized fork & shock…

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Show me your………. Carbon framed AM bikes’ is closed to new replies.