Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Show me your bunnies!
  • Kahurangi

Sorry, I need cheering up. Our bunny had to be put down today. Suffered a broken leg last night (hind leg in the tibia just above the big joint) and the vet reckoned the only thing we could do after the x-ray was to have her put to sleep. Not sure I fully agree but I wasn't there to argue.

So anyway I'll kick it off, with Chase

jon1973
    Free Member

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

tazzymtb

for some reason those pictures make me think of nice warn slippers and stew 😀

tazzymtb

LOL jon1973- beat me to it ya bugger!

tazzymtb

tthew

Toby has featured on here before, in the 'how to keep cats out of your garden' thread.

Kahurangi

jon/tazzy – just a bit too predicable 🙄

tthew – Toby looks like he takes no mess from anyone. Let a alone a cat. Now where's my carrot?

goog
    Free Member

heres my Levi

she went to the big warren 3 years ago 🙁

tthew

The biggest problem with Toby is he's the best 'sprayer' we ever had, and he has a really bad habit of running round under your feet and bike, so he's been troden on and wheeled over a few times.

Now the previous one, Robbie, he was hard. He escaped into the next door garden once, got in through their catflap and was caught doing the wild thing to the mother-in-law's little lap dog effort.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

littlemanbunny

(the real) littlegirlbunny

both sadly gone to the big field in the sky

organic355
    Free Member

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Rascal. Still very much with us. Although nearly eight now and slowing down a little.

cove123

what no playboy bunnies!

satsoma
    Free Member

I really want a rabbit! Am currently trying to convince my other half that it's a good idea.

Are they easy to look after?

Anna-B
    Free Member

This thread is really making me want a rabbit again! Some lovely looking bunnies, Chase looks great jont. No photos of Reggae, also a houserabbit.

Satsoma – I have found mine easy to look after – Reggae was quite destructive in the house though, depends if you plan to keep outside in a hutch or not. He chewed doors, carpets and cables. When I get another rabbit, it'll be a large breed, French lop – like Levi? – as they are well suited to being kept indoors and very chilled out (I heard!) Ideally also need access to a garden to run around in.

soma_rich
    Free Member

See Anna said they would chew doors carpets and cables! See told you so!

satsoma
    Free Member

Thanks annabananna, I'm not sure whether I'd like to keep it outdoors or indoors…I'd be worried about the foxes getting it if we kept it outdoors and wouldn't want to make it stay in the shed.

The rabbits in this thread are gorgeous!

sobriety
    Free Member

We kept ours outside and didn't have any of them eaten by foxes, we did however install proper bolts on the hutches (not the crappy wooden latches that they come with that foxes can undo), and sturdy home made runs that also had fox-proof latches. It was pretty funny to see the rabbit nose to nose with a fox through the wire once it worked out the fox couldn't get it…

HTTP404
    Free Member

We currently keep my daughter's rabbit "tigger" indoors. He gets free run of the dining area. Only problem is he's started to run round and round our feet making funny little noises and gets very excited by a pair of novelty slippers (with ears). Recently he's started to deposit sex wee and leave the odd dropping here or there.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Mine lived indoors, going outside in a run in the summer during the day. He was never locked in, having free run of the downstairs. He used to chase the dog and cat around as well, but loved to sit by your feet chewing his teeth.

Stuart (geddit?):

Sadly running with frith now. 😥

Geronimo
    Free Member

chewkw
    Free Member

**** me … broke a leg and you have to put it down? How convenient.

Next time if you have some illness you should should be put down too.

😈

Kahurangi

Cheers chewkw – it was the vet's decision ultimately as he said there was no good way of treating the break. Now f*ck off back to your cave.

satsoma – leelovesbikestoo had a good thread on how to keep a house rabbit as he needed come tips and convincing.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/talk-to-me-about-rabbits

Picto
    Free Member

Lives in the house but roams the garden frequently.

billybob
    Free Member

I currently have 3…..

snowslave

fudge and coco

I wouldn't say they're low maintenance, bet that's also true for billybob's?

Rochey
    Free Member

All very cute, my daughter wants one!! question is –

(1) Yes or No
    (2) Inside or out
    (3) Pros and cons please.

Rochey

roper
    Free Member

How about other pets?

Here is Marlona Bronson

here she is trying to have a hug

and a new member of the household

and a quick snap of Brenda

tinsy
    Free Member

Socks and Lottie, lottie was a bloke Rabbit though, now having a nice long sleep under a big old tree stump (mystery death) and we have a fluffy white thing called Pearl as a new addition.

Slurged on a nice new cage with a run for them too, the old ones seemed cruel.

House bunnie, so how do they get on with having a poo? Can you get them to use litter trays?

tree-magnet
    Free Member

With Stuart we let him loose in the house, and where ever he went to the toilet we put down a litter tray. They tend to go in about 5 or 6 different locations. After a month we started to remove the trays one by one, and he soon got the idea untill we ended up with only one tray. After a while he didn't even use that one, prefering to go in his cage.

Initialy he did chew the wall a bit, but we started to put out old toilet rolls for him and he'd chew those instead. When he went out in the garden it was either in a run that we had made for him, or on a lead. He's now burried near the cherry tree that he liked to sit under. Unfortunatly he had a mysterious fit one day and died in my wife's arms.

chewkw
    Free Member

JonT – Member
    Cheers chewkw – it was the vet's decision ultimately as he said there was no good way of treating the break. Now f*ck off back to your cave.

Definitely to be put down … you that is.

😈

dan1980
    Free Member

Not bunnies, but almost….

taka
    Free Member

i used to have rabbits 3 of them until next doors dog killed all 3 of them at separate times… cu*t 👿 the dog got it in the end :mrgreen:

Coyote
    Free Member

We've got two bunnies that have the run of the garden. They've got a hutch but they're never locked up.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

If anyone is interested I sell rabbits, just follow the link in my profile and search rabbits there

(sorry to hear of your loss, loosing a pet is hard)

(sorry too about the hijack and blatent plug for my company)

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Show me your bunnies!’ is closed to new replies.