Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Show me your build, Turner 5 Spot
  • downhilldave

Just taken advantage of a well known online supplier and purchased a new Turner 5 spot at bargain price. Would like a nice light build with quality components. What front mech ? What forks, have some freshly serviced Pace RC 41 ACAM 140. Any Good? What brakes? Have some Hope Mono M4 with Goodridge, like the look of Formula the One is this overkill? Help Please

Hadge
    Free Member

Here’s my 5 Spot and it’s come in at a smidge over 26lb but I’m running a 1×10 set up on it. It’s got CK hubs, SRAM XX brakes, Float 32’s and XTR cranks with a Lopes chain device as well. I love it and it rides really well

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

This is the best pic I have of mine. Built in a similar vein to Hadge’s, but heavier due to the large frame size and my gifferness. 27.5lbs, which is light enough for me without compromising what its capable of in rough stuff.

iwluap

More than happy to oblige! Took advantage of such an offer a few months back. XL 5-Spot with pretty much full XTR Trail, wheels are Hope Pro III with DT Swiss rims, Chris King headset, 15QR 140 32 Talas forks, Thomson stem and seat post, Haven carbon bars. Don’t know what the exact weight is but it feels surprisingly light to me

Vortexracing

Here’s mine

Just bought a 1 x 10 set-up but still deliberating about chain devices.

It’s either the Lopes SL like Hadges or the MRP G2 Mini SL with a built in bash. 🙄

The 1 x 10 will be XT except for the shifter which is XTR.

weight in the piccy is about 27.5lbs

P1030821 by eastham_david, on Flickr

nodrog2
    Free Member

Calling Toons!

Crag
    Free Member

[/url][/img]

Build in the pic is coil Lyriks, Push’d Van R shock with full XT groupset and Flow wheels and Gravity dropper.

Weight is the wrong side of 30lb

remoterob
    Free Member

Fox Van 140s. M755 front brake, need to find another front caliper in order to run 180mm on the back due to PM frame – currently got Deore M596 rear stand in. Only SLX front mech as I didn’t feel right cutting up something more expensive.

Roval Traverse ELs (£263! new) and MRP LRP (£20!) to be fitted after christmas.

toons
    Free Member

Where do you ride? And it all depends on how much you’d like to spend!

I love the Formula the Ones they’ve never let me down.

Here’s the builds I’ve been through over the years.

Turner DW 5 Spot by james_ferguson, on Flickr

Kirroughtree by james_ferguson, on Flickr

Turner 5 Spot by james_ferguson, on Flickr

Scotland Aug 2010 by james_ferguson, on Flickr

Switched to a 2011 frame

Thrunton 141110 by james_ferguson, on Flickr

Now on coil front and rear 🙂

Glentress black & Jump Park by james_ferguson, on Flickr

richwales

Mine – 2009 with angleset, 150mm fork, now flat bars – great bike.

Digger90
    Free Member

Now running coil Lyriks instead of ‘Zocchi’s…

And my previous one..

And the one before that..(!)

coogan
    Free Member

A buffster closing down an alp on his bouncy little bikey.

Sawyer
    Free Member

I have a feeling this thread is gonna end up costing me a bloody fortune. Thank you all so much.

hora
    Free Member
    wrecker
    Free Member

Since you asked

Now with podiums and reverb.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

heres mine it weighs in at around 27lbs I think but they ride light! It climbs like a lighter bike.
    This is a 2011 frame previously had a horst link and an 09DW frame.
    There is a lot of chat about fitting slack angle creating headsets coil shocks etc. I would say try it first get the shock set well and enjoy!

soops
    Free Member

Here’s mine.

elliott-20
    Free Member

Here’s mine. Took it out for it’s first ‘proper’ ride today. 2010 Medium.

Fox Vanilla RC fork, mostly XT group, Hope X2/M4, Thomson 50mm stem and post, SDG ti bel air, EA70 bars, Hope BB, headset and hubs laced to Mavic hoops. 2×9 setup with e13 bash and Heim guide with Middleburn 36 tooth ring. Maxxis high roller on the rear, Minion up front. Rides like a dream. 😀

Vortexracing

some nice 5 spots on here. I always wanted the Sangria red ,but that raw elliot looks just right. What size is it is it Medium?

here you go wrecker

lord
    Free Member

old but great

elliott-20
    Free Member

Vortexracing – Member
    some nice 5 spots on here. I always wanted the Sangria red ,but that raw elliot looks just right. What size is it is it Medium?

Yup, that’s a medium.

wrecker
    Free Member

Thank you vortexracing. I love the coil shock and would like to try it with some vans up front. I’m just a plodder uphill so would accept the weight increase.

Hadge
    Free Member

I ran a coil DHX 5 on my HL 5 Spot with Vans up front and it was fantastic, even though it came in at 30lb all up. The ride was so plush and super smooth and I must admit was probably the best feeling of all the bikes I’ve owned. My DW Link is running air shocks at the moment but I’ve toy’ed with the idea of getting a CCDB for it with a ti spring one day. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for one going cheap lol.

Vortexracing

Bit of a funny question Hadge, but what chain lube are you using?

Just got a MRP G2 mini SL for mine and in the box is a warning about certain lubes.

Just ordered a MRP lopes SL for my Soul so I expect that to have the same warning.

cheers

downhilldave

This is my 2010 5 Spot.Medium.Fox float 150 Rlc,formula R1 with sintered pads. Organic were poop in the wet.Hope sawtooth 180/160. Braided hoses.Hope 70mm stem,carbon Answer pro taper bar.Thomson elite seatpost, selle italia max flyte saddle.Hope pro2 evo hubs with stans crest rims and Panaracer Cg soft conditions 2.25 tyres. It’s much better than i am 😉
    https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-u5bZvxtgBDQ/TwGprWinIWI/AAAAAAAAAQE/fAhNuOdJRUI/s640/Allsorts%252520022.JPG?gl=GB

MartynS

now with Fox Vanillas…
    must be 8/9 years old now. Don’t want to change it. Its to good

ComradeD
    Free Member

Heres mine

snaps
    Free Member

My XL with Revs, Stans Crest/355’s & lightish tyres @ 27.8 lbs

It climbs so well with the Revs @ 150mm that I put Lyrics & beefier rim/tyres on it & weight is 29.9 lbs.

I’m very pleased with it, looking for a lighter seat post & a few other parts, but defo a keeper.

coogan
    Free Member

ComradeD – interesting brake cable arrangement…

rexated
    Free Member

nice looking spots in this thread….. for the first time in years I’ve not got a turner so this is making me feel a bit jealous 😕

snaps – top of codden?

snaps
    Free Member

snaps – top of codden?

Well spotted, the other pic is the near the new wind farm @ Fullabrook

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Show me your build, Turner 5 Spot’ is closed to new replies.