Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Show me your Blood
  • Brycey
    Free Member

Anyone got one? Anyone got one with a single ring? Thinking of trading in the trusty Five. Ta folks.

firestarter
    Free Member

blood is cleaned but its defo a single ring 😉

Brycey
    Free Member

I was asking for that!

Show me your Orange Blood, preferably with single chain ring!

rj
    Free Member

Y'right Brycey? They've got a demo one at GT, although that's maybe a bit of a hike for you these days, and it's a small. I'm trying to convince Neil that he should take them on now that behind Bars don't do them any more, so there's an outside chance there. I've demoed the one at GT, and it's a cracking bike. Climbs better than the Meta 5 and descends way better than I can. Obviously that's not saying much, but I reckon you'd get on better with it than the 5 given how you ride.

Brycey
    Free Member

Evening fella, all well? Was wondering how it would climb, looks phenominal down. There's a couple of places down here with demos, going to try and get one out soon.

rj
    Free Member

S'alright this end, although no-one rides their bikes anymore. Put on an adjustable fork (ie Lyrik) and the Blood's a gas. Was also thinking of the Alpine 160 as a replacement for the Meta, but can't get a shot on one round here.

I've stripped the Meta and put the bits on a Handjob, which is a whole world of fun and a lot more useful round Cathkin/Mugdock/GT.

How's it working out down south for you?

0pt1cal
    Free Member

rj if you want still want an Orange in Glasgow try 'Gear' in the West End.

swisstony
    Free Member

ok mick what happened there?

Richyb
    Free Member

my 10 day old blood, two chain rings tho i'm afraid

firestarter
    Free Member

tony you wouldnt believe me if i told you lol 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

pilonidal sinus by any chance?

firestarter
    Free Member

bang on that man 🙂 how can a little hair cause so much pain lol

thepodge
    Free Member

I only discovered mine yesterday, thankfully its currently painless but i am quite frankly (excuse the pun) shitting my self over what comes next once i've visited my doctor.

firestarter
    Free Member

i was kinda lucky in the fact he did the flap op rather than just cutting it all away as it heals quicker. Mine was only discovered when i broke my tailbone which hurt too 🙂 good luck mate. I was off the bike months 🙁

thepodge
    Free Member

Its not to much the bike i'm worried about. i only just started a new job last week, I really don't need to be taking time off right now.

firestarter
    Free Member

well i managed to get back after three months but went back too early and split open . I shouldnt have gone back but anything over three months and i had to retrain which was a 16 residential 🙁 good luck if i can be of any help my mail is in profile mate

thepodge
    Free Member

THREE MONTHS… Christ

Cheers for the offer, i may just take you up on it at some point

firestarter
    Free Member

i guess it depends on the job to be fair as i was up and down ladders and dragging hose round the gaff if id have been office based id have been back much earlier

Brycey
    Free Member

Aaaaaannnnnnnyyyyyyywwwwwwaaaaayyyyy, RichyB that is stunning. Like the yellow.

GavinB

Kinda what I was thinking Brycey – fascinating as the conversation was…. 🙂

And +1 for liking RichyB's Blood. I'm betting that is an absolute blast to ride?

firestarter
    Free Member

sorry lol 😉 nice bike btw that yellow looks lovely

Brycey
    Free Member

Is that an Orange build Richy, squinting at photo on phone screen?

Richyb
    Free Member

Cheers folks, haven't ridden it much yet, but had a test bike for a weekend and loved it. Brilliant downhill, very solid and confidence inspiring. Up in the Lakes with it at the moment, so hopefully get out for a blast this aft.

Only one they've done in this colour, its even brighter in the flesh!

It is an orange build yes, mavic 321's on hope hubs, avid exlirs, sunline bars and stem etc…

Brycey
    Free Member

How long did you wait for it Richy, I presume it was factory order for colour?

Richyb
    Free Member

About a month? obviously they like to paint in batches so if you want an unpopular colour you have to wait a bit until they've got some orders (or they're not as busy I spose)

Filthy
    Free Member

Not mine… Orange demo bike that I rode last year, great machine if only they made a 19" I might have bought one.

Brycey
    Free Member

How tall are you Filthy as I'm 6'3"?

rj
    Free Member

You are not! 5'11 at the absolute max.

Brycey
    Free Member

How do you know from down there?

grumm
    Free Member

That looks like a seriously fun bike.

rj
    Free Member

I estimated when you were lying spreadeagled after you pringled your wheel at Cathkin.

Filthy
    Free Member

I'm 6ft 1" and that post wasn't long enough, could probably have got away with a 400mm thomson but I like dont like that much post showing if that makes sense.

jemima
    Free Member

Zingy apple green blood. Two ring chainset so I can get up hills. I'm 6'2" and I think it fits well. Just got a layback seatpost to increase the stretch a bit and it feels good.

jimmy

how heavy / light are they?

ton

did orange copy them from nicolai………..??

Brycey
    Free Member

Very nice again Jemima. 36s seem to be the fork of choice. Currently being tormented by colour choice, matt black like my Five is in the lead currently, but a bit unadventurous.

rs
    Free Member

think they copied the bottle rocket, didn't they?

Brycey
    Free Member

I heard it was the Intense Slopestyle.

ton

all 3 are very similar…..

jemima
    Free Member

Very nice again Jemima. 36s seem to be the fork of choice. Currently being tormented by colour choice, matt black like my Five is in the lead currently, but a bit unadventurous

Thanks! This machine replaced my matt black Patriot and I'm glad to have gone for a bit of colour this time!

The design is most like the Bottlerocket not like the Intense slope style which is VPP. The other important difference (I think) is that the top tube is quite long so its not too much hard work on the climbs. It should ride quite different from your five with the 66° head angle.

Mine weighs in at 32 lbs I think but my build kit is not particularly light.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Blood’ is closed to new replies.