Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Show me your bikes with red wheels
  • littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Please!

Anodised or painted red. Both will make me happy 🙂

stew1982
    Free Member

Surprisingly – it appears that red wheels aren’t that popular then!

Rickos
    Free Member

Here you go rabbit –

Teetosugars
    Free Member

What you planning Jo???

8)

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Dinnae do it Rabbit!

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

ooh Rickos, them’s looking spafftastic

Teetosugars who are you then…I guess I know you? Erm, well, I was planning black flows with red hope hubs, black spokes and anodised red nipples…..but I’m verging toward anodised rims with some RaceFace red atlas bars for full ‘in your face’ effect…..

….but I’m stuck with what rims to go with, and they never look the same in real life than on the web page!

SpokesCycles – I gotta do it…cant. resist. the. bling.

druidh
    Free Member

littlegirlbunny – Member
    ooh Rickos, them’s looking spafftastic

Teetosugars who are you then…I guess I know you? Erm, well, I was planning black flows with red hope hubs, black spokes and anodised red nipples…..but I’m verging toward anodised rims with some RaceFace red atlas bars for full ‘in your face’ effect…..

Grrrr!

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

You know me and my love of anodised nipples druidh, I just can’t help myself

Teetosugars
    Free Member

littlegirlbunny – Member

Teetosugars who are you then…I guess I know you?

Its Nick… 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

Jo what bike are you putting these on? Given how little you weigh, if it’s for a trail bike you could probably get away with the lighter Stans Arch. I’m using these myself and did the Peak Pootle on them last week. We took in stuff similarly to the rangers path and my rims were fine despite my best efforts.

The rear wheel completely unbuilt itself mind, but the rim didn’t have a ding on it.

jfeb
    Free Member

Same wheels, different bike:

ojom
    Free Member

Jo i await your order. Set to it! (swop you for some asbestos removal :-))

Coleman
    Free Member

These wheels are really red! Although not mine, it is my sons’ bike.

matthew_h
    Free Member
    GeForceJunky

Red paint looks well chav but I love it 🙂

Bernaard
    Free Member

Which bike are they planned for Jo?

I wouldn’t myself, but what do I know…………..

lockrobnkel
    Free Member

here’s mine

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Ooh this thread has improved muchly with the addition of more piccies.

geetee1972 – Member

Jo what bike are you putting these on? Given how little you weigh, if it’s for a trail bike you could probably get away with the lighter Stans Arch. I’m using these myself and did the Peak Pootle on them last week. We took in stuff similarly to the rangers path and my rims were fine despite my best efforts.

The rear wheel completely unbuilt itself mind, but the rim didn’t have a ding on it.

They’ll be for the Chammy so need to stand up to DH and rocky XC/AM. I did have a pair of Stan’s Oly’s on there tbh, and they were superlight and stood up to an awful lot of abuse. The rear rim is dinked but they never had a loose spoke and suffered a lot of hard hits with me learning to jump badly on them! I’d not have swapped if I could’ve converted the hubs to bolt-through. So you’re probably right about the Arch – but are they not limited to 2.3 tyres?

@thebikechain – you knows where I am 🙂

@Bernaard – for Dillon!

GeForce Junky – Member

Red paint looks well chav but I love it

That HT looks cracking. I would be very happy to have one of those. Maybe that’s my council estate roots speaking though!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Jo i wouldn’t run anything more than a 2.3 on the arch and given what you’re using them for it sounds like they are not the right choice.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

what about citrus rims – wisty rims

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I like this thread, I managed to get some red DT Swiss rims for a tenner each so thinking of making a spare set of wheels up for bling days 😉

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

what about white? Ok not red but red hubs!

New stans flow on pro 11 hubs mmmmmmm

willej

My old Explosif with it’s red anodised Mavic X517s, on a very sunny day in 2004.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

NorthCountryBoy – Member

what about white? Ok not red but red hubs!

I have white flows already….well with blue proII hubs 8)

SidKillerest
    Free Member

Just for you, Jo!

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

You knows I have a thing for that bike Sid…it’s too early on a Monday Morning for that!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Show me your bikes with red wheels’ is closed to new replies.