Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)
  • Show me your Bfe's!
  • mistertee
    Free Member

I reluctantly have a great Bfe for sale if anyone is interested. Immaculate build and almost unused. All the details are here…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-immaculate-cotic-bfe-medium-175%E2%80%9D

Thanks for any interest.

craig1975
    Free Member

tjabba
    Free Member

Here is a picture of my now completed BFE: o)

tizzzzle
    Free Member

hora
    Free Member

Tick

simon80
    Free Member

Hi First time posting on here . . .
    I am not trying to hijack this post, but obviously there is alot of BFe building experience out there!
    I am considering building up a new Bfe as a do it all bike and I am looking at components. My ideas so far are:
    New Bfe Medium
    Fox 36 RC2s @150mm
    SLX groupset (double) with brakes
    Hope 2 evo’s with flow rims
    Havoc bar and stem
    Probably with Hans Dampf on front and Ardent on rear.
    Your experience and opinions would be gratefully received.
    Cheers,
    Si

I_Ache
    Free Member

I wouldn’t go with forks that long personally. Having said that I am yet to try my lyriks on mine but have been thinking about it. If you already have the forks you should consider dropping them down to 140mm. If you are planning to buy new then you should consider 34 floats with travel dropped or 34 TALAS. I like the idea of the 34s as 32mm stanchions are too flexy and 36s seem like overkill.

Limy
    Free Member

Personally i think 150mm is fine. I have a very similar set up with 36 Talas forks at 160mm and it rides great (reduce to 130 for longer climbs). I have SLX double with 28/38T Hope hoop wheels on flow rims and Hans Dampf tyres. Bike rides great. The tyres drag a bit but are amazing on descents and for jumping on the DH tracks.

simon80
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.
    I’ve looked at 34s but the jury seems to be out on the CTD system. Also there does not seem to be a huge difference in weight compared to the 36s.
    Does TALAS work well? What do the forks feel like in the lower setting? Is it viable for carving tight singletrack?

I_Ache
    Free Member

I can’t speak for TALAS specifically but I love travel adjust forks, I find they make my bikes so much more versatile.

I have lyrik dual position air on my FS and drop the travel up most hills. The u-turn on my BFe means that I can blast through rock gardens in the peak one day and take it to the BMX track the next.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I can’t speak for TALAS specifically but I love travel adjust forks, I find they make my bikes so much more versatile.

I have lyrik dual position air on my FS and drop the travel up most hills. The u-turn on my BFe means that I can blast through rock gardens in the peak one day and take it to the BMX track the next.

Limy
    Free Member

The Talas is great. I leave my forks on 160mm most of the time and just take them down to 130 or even 100 on longer climbs mostly just because i can. 130mm on the flat feels far to steep HA for me but it all down to personal pref.

simon80
    Free Member

Mojo say that the 2013 34/36 floats cannot be dropped further than 150mm due to new internals. I guess from peoples experience TALAS may be the way forward.

renton
    Free Member

here was my large one before I sold it ………….

mr_mills
    Free Member

My new BFe 🙂

dazh

Post Dyfi Enduro a couple of years ago. Now has bigger forks, shorter stem and longer bars.

snotrag

Earlier over summer

Joplin by simonholehan, on Flickr

And now –

Muddy by simonholehan, on Flickr

Less Joplin, and 1×9. Mud tyres going on tomorrow when I have sealant, plus all light brackets+battery. Its winter time!

Med, Gritstone, new model with girt big headtube, from 18 Bikes. Very pleased with it.

jimthelad
    Free Member

me the morning of the Ft. Bill Enduro. Now has SLX cranks and Mono Mini Team brakes rather than FireX and Saints. I love it, been riding a rigid SS for 2 months at uni, can not wait to get 160mm and 9 gears back.

Wotan Forks
    SLX cranks/BB
    X9 mech/shifter
    MX orbit HS
    Nukeproof warhead stem
    Nukeproof 760mm 38mm bars
    Green Pro 2s on Halo Tornados
    Team Mono Minis
    Shimano DX pedals
    Lizard Skin Shore grips
    Easton Seatpost
    Gusset tartan saddle
    High Roller 2.35s

Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Bfe's!’ is closed to new replies.