Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Show me your best…………..homemade tool
  • topangarider
    Free Member

Made a tool last night out of an old spoke to hold the chain together with some slack inbetween to allow me to join in – like a third hand (no jokes).

So what have you made? Either something to save you buying the expensive Park item, or something that no-one makes a proper tool for.

What you done……………?

alexpalacefan

No pictures (I know, this thread is useless without pics), but my brilliant prose will be more than adequate.

So,

Brake and Gear Outer Rounding Tool. For when you've cut the outer and its a little squashed, and to get the liner opened.

A sharpened bamboo skewer!

Rubber Grip Removal Tool. To get a squirt of something under there to ease removal.

A chop stick!

Seat tube de-greasing tool. To remove build up of filth, paste and grease.

A bundle of rags zip-tied to a stick!

TTFN,

APF

sv

Again no photos! From Wheelpro manual – wheel truing stand, ERD measuring spokes, 20mm hub adaptor (for the stand) and a nipple driver.

imp999
    Free Member

HT11 bearing puller.
    Dia 24mm washer cut in half and shaped at the sawn outer corners so they can be inserted behind the bearing prior to inserting a socket and whacking.

odannyboy
    Free Member

i thought the bent spoke tool was such a waste of time…till i tried to rejoin a chain in a hurry.would it go together, would it heck!

leggyblonde
    Free Member

for trailside repairs

topangarider
    Free Member

Your right – we need pics. I'll upload the amazign spoke/chain tool tonight!

In the meantime – any other offers?

ski
    Free Member

Got a 3 foot steel tube, which is just the right size for setting a crown racer in place and nipping up RF cranks 😉

Two tools for the price of one!

BigDummy
    Free Member

For fitting cranks. 😉

TheSwede
    Free Member

With a nice pink box

oh and this magnetic roller thingy for picking up loose tacks etc and a grinding wheel dresser.

montylikesbeer

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Show me your best…………..homemade tool’ is closed to new replies.