Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Show me your 5 Spots
  • StuE
    Free Member

Got a 5 Spot frame which I will build up this weekend, going for a fairly light build, but am interested to see how others have built theirs.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

firestarter
    Free Member

heres mine taken the other day after i stripped it of all the fancy kit to put on my blue pig as im not using this really anymore

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

The danger w@nk version

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

My 2004 in 2009 revamp.
    Thanx Max

coogan
    Free Member

My old one:

My new one:

lowey

Practically everything has been changed on it now though.

nodrog2
    Free Member

Not mine but heres 2. Both of themm belong to friends of mine.

Crag
    Free Member

Notice a few on here with lyriks on. Been toying with idea of replacing the pikes on my 2008 frame with some.

What are peoples opinions? Does it affect the handling too much with the higher front end and bb?

Was thinking of running at 140 for general duties and winding em out for uplift days/ alpine forays etc.

gizzardman
    Free Member

28.4lbs

ken_shields
    Free Member

mrpink
    Free Member

Hadge
    Free Member

Here was mine but not built up light. Coil DHX with ti spring but came in at 30lb-ish but a brilliant ride. Trying get hold of another at the moment too….

mrpink
    Free Member

My old 08 with 36 talas.

organic355
    Free Member

shortbaldone
    Free Member

coogan – put that silver one away or send it too me, imho its one of the nicest lookin bikes i have drooled at ever! i WANT ONE

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Mr Pink – Garburn Pass. I was up there when that had been dumped!

radoggair
    Free Member

freeride at Glen T
    IN blue before it broke
    Now my candy red replacement
    [img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2462/3654856793_1c8a0b915c_b.jpg[/img]

woodsman
    Free Member

ChunkyMtb – where was that 2nd pic taken?

I'll stick a pic of my spot up in a sec

woodsman
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Second pic was above Sainte Foy, France.

Boing!

StuE
    Free Member

Will post pic of mine when it is built tomorrow.

woodsman
    Free Member

Hadge – why you want another?

Hadge
    Free Member

I sold mine as I had an Intense 5.5, a Merlin Oreas and the 5 Spot all at the same time. I then bought a Yeti 575 (08) to hopefully replace the 5.5 hoping it had the best points of the Intense and Turner but it didn't. The Turner to me anyway was just a little bit better and so my search is on again for another. Don't get me wrong though – the 5.5 and 575 are great bikes and I'd happily own any of them again but the Turner is the one that just edges it.

Crag
    Free Member

firestarter
    Free Member

hadge are you the fella thats mailed me about maybe buying my frame ?

Hadge
    Free Member

Yip I am

Hadge
    Free Member

Or maybe not lol. Just sent you an email ok

khani
    Free Member

i love 5spots, got two h/l one's, a 04 and a frankenspot (03seatstays 04chainstays 08frontend push rockers) both ride loveley
    i thought the dw one's looked gash at first but i like them now i just can't get rid of the one's i've got because i know i'll regret it but one would have to go to help finance a new one

StuE
    Free Member

Got bike built up but too dark for pics, working most of tomorrow so wont get to ride until next Friday, feels a good bit lighter than the donor bike

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

I've a HL, 2006 with Pikes. Was toying with putting an old pair of talas 36 (the early, 150mm jobs) on it. Anyone got a strong feeling about the effect on handling etc this might have (or done it themselves). Just it was designed for 125 Fox (IIRC) and so many w@nk on about the wonderful handling and the necessity of sticking to DT's original plan.

Apologies for the slight hijack 😎

khani
    Free Member

i ran those brown 150's on mine and it felt best with push rockers which slacken the front end a bit
    i have a pic of both of mine side by side, one with stock rockers and one with push rockers and you can see the diference unfortunatly i cant post pics at mo but i can send it to someone to post if you want

toons
    Free Member

here's mine

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Recently built HL 5-Spot…

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Show me your 5 Spots’ is closed to new replies.