Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • show me you garmin mounts
  • mahalo

on a mountain bike that is…

Currently got mine on my top tube using the standard rubber band job, i dont like it there, i cant see it properly either and i keep catching it with my knees.

tried the k-edge stem cap mount, but constantly knock it off when dismounting, either accidentally or on purpose. the bar mounted sticky out one gets snapped off in crashes out front, and i cant get the angle on right so its legible if it points backwards… hate having it just sat in the bars too….

stenhousemuir
    Free Member

Drill and tap your stem and screw a standard mount into that

damascus
    Free Member

I mount mine on a k edge stem mount like this, having the angle adjust is brilliant.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/k-edge-mtb-stem-adjustable-mount/rp-prod151499?gs=1&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Chain+Reaction-UK-PLA-PLA-All-MB-SE-Shopping+QLB+Manufacturer+Mobile&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid|snLdwZqwF_dm|pcrid|161810673982|pkw||pmt||prd|552299UK

Recently I used the mount that came with the garmin and used some sugru to hold it in place. It’s been bomb proof.

celticdragon

My 810 on my stem using the standard mount, etrex on a out front bar extender using the standard mount.

pnik

I’m using this one which is pretty good its a bit shorter than an out front and i’ve used it fine with 70mm and 50mm stems with my 810.

simondbarnes

rs
    Free Member

I tried the kedge angle adjust one, but it doesn’t work well with short stems, maybe if you have spacers on top it’ll be fine. I ended up buying the barfly one richie rude uses after seeing a pic online…

steve_b77
    Free Member

tried the k-edge stem cap mount, but constantly knock it off when dismounting, either accidentally or on purpose.

How on earth do you knock it off getting off your bike?

simondbarnes

How on earth do you knock it off getting off your bike?

Getting off his bike = crashing 🙂

mahalo

Yeah I’ve no idea but I do, and I’ve snapped loads of the plastic insert plates too… if I don’t knock it off I hit the stop button with something!!

Never heard of Sugru but looks like it may just be the job!! My top tube mount is low because I need to get bands round, but with that stuff I should be able to tuck it in at the top..!

Where was the barfly from?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘show me you garmin mounts’ is closed to new replies.