Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Show me ya Lapierres
  • scruzer
    Free Member

As above cos we dont get many flicks of them on here. I quite like their appearence especially the Zesty.What do they ride like? Cheers

terrahawk
    Free Member

mine's well fast innit

timmys

Oh go on then…

(Cheers to Jedi for that last pic 😀 )

jedi

high5 tim 🙂

how the riding going since our session?

viv
    Free Member

I have a froggy ( looks like the white spicy above ) its an awesome bike, geometry is lovely, nice low bb, rear suspension is incredible – this is in comparison to a patriot.

Timmy – is that clent and cannock?

timmys

jedi – Member

how the riding going since our session?

Haven't had a chance to get out on the bike since last weekend – hopefully tomorrow!

viv – Member

Timmy – is that clent and cannock?

Nope, Surrey Hills and Woburn.

The bike's a Zesty not a Spicy by the way. I love it, can't recommend them enough.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Zesty 714 – brilliant ride gets my vote. Light and relentlessly fast. Stable and engaging.

ash.addy
    Free Member

They are great bikes love mine to bits….

popstar
    Free Member

Bike gets prepared and ready for Aston Hill pawnage.

popstar
    Free Member

You do get attention from people wispering -Oh that bike is shoot, it cracks all over the place, but it looks good- 

After riding in many places doing aggresive XC, a bit of DH and X4 bike is fine.

Suspension wise, it took a bit of time to dial into. Let me tell you this, -Imagine the most beautiful and lush woman's azz, you gonna sit on it and ride it hard. All over those pesky roots and stones. 

On twisty slow singletrack bike does feel slugish a bit, but once trail straightens up Zesty will launch you. 
    On my previous bike I had to pump big time to get a free boost speed, with Zesty it's a different story. It just throws it at you, acceleration is immense. 

Yeah, just like that baby! 

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I've got a 314 that I've modded a fair bit will post a pic in a mo 😉

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

LOL@valleydaddy

You've got 15mins to work it out.

I'm looking at buying a 214 (I like the red colour) and grafting my own kit onto it.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

😳

oi mohican-nana's that's not fair got 2 little ones screaming in my ear!!!!

valleydaddy
    Free Member
    valleydaddy
    Free Member

right so how do I get it to appear on here – I admit defeat 😳

popstar
    Free Member

Your link should have ending of JPEG at the end.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Cheers B.A.Nana 😉

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I like this valleydaddy, aren't zipties brilliant.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

ha
    yes that was a mates bike who had a spectacular blow out on Penmachno and this was the repair and the mad fecker still ragged it to the end braver than me!!!!

scruzer
    Free Member

B.A.Nana- glad for disc brakes too! Would be interesting with the old Vs!!Thanks for all the pics. IMHO they are now up there with the Trek Fuel/Remedy, Yeti 5/575 and SCruzer Blur LT – (my faves). I like…

valleydaddy
    Free Member

yes B.A.Nana

a red 214 and upgrade it is the way to go.

some good deals about now on end of year stocks

valleydaddy
    Free Member

so nearly did it

nasher
    Free Member

3 spicy's

Admiralable
    Free Member

Timmys upside down picture hurts my eyes 🙁 It looks weird like a magic eye thingy.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

the cheaper spicy and zesty is £1799 or something close but how does it compare to the more expensive models?

Just wondering because eventually when I have enough cash it'll be a zesty or spicy at the top of my 'Want It' list

valleydaddy
    Free Member

big-chief-96

all depends if you want a carbon rear end or full frame.

as on the Zesty 514 for example it has a carbon rear triangle however the 714 and 914 is a full carbon frame.

then it depends what spec you want, I went for a 314 as it made sense to get the Fox shocks for the extra over the 214

Entonox
    Free Member

Anyone who has bought a Zesty wished they'd gone for a Spicy?
    Or visa versa?

Cheers

valleydaddy
    Free Member

don't know never ridden a spicey but do you really need 160mm of travel regularly???

nice to know you have it and depends if you ride a bit of DH as they can cope with that too

Entonox
    Free Member

I don't think it's about the 'need'.

I like the idea of the Spicy – slacker angles, big fork = super stiff front end, but also would want to ride it everywhere from blasting round my local woods to full days in the Lake District / Peak District and trips to the Alps.
    I was wondering about the compromises each bike possesses. Weight, how they pedal & accelerate etc.

Cheers

Mounty_73

Not long back from a week riding the 7 stanes…

smuttiesmith
    Free Member

Entonox – Member

Anyone who has bought a Zesty wished they'd gone for a Spicy?
    Or visa versa?

Cheers

I have had a Spicy 316 for a year now. I have to say I do not regret it one bit. 100% of my riding is the lakes so whether anyone thinks it is overkill for here I dont know or particularly care. It is my only bike and have used it for rides up to about 60 miles and used it in challenge rides like the Sam Houghton in Kentmere and it is the rider not the bike that holds it back uphill(3Hrs 26Min with 2 punctures for long course BTW).

I can climb on it as well as most though mine came with Vanilla 36's so it did take a little bit of time to get to used to postioning on the steeper climbs. Weightwise mine is at 32lb though not a lot is standard any more however I do run Rubber Queen 2.4s F & R all year round and there is not a hint of XTR anywhere near it so 30lb is easily achieveable without sacrificing the robustness.

AndyA
    Free Member

didmatt
    Free Member

Wasn't mine though, had it on Demo… Nice though!

Rickos
    Free Member

AndyA – how's it with the coil shock?

AndyA
    Free Member

Rides well Rickos. I'm about 15st with gear on and was just blowing through the travel on the float r too easily. Coil's alot plusher and smoother over small bumps but feels more controlled.
    I've got my hands on a fox rp2 with the firm compression tune to try that out, hopefully it won't blow through travel as easy. Plan to swap between the coil and air depending on whatever I'm riding.

Rickos
    Free Member

Thanks Andy. So the Lappy isn't designed around an air shock like some frames then. Good. I like coil at the moment.

chakaping
    Free Member

I've got two, a Froggy and a Zesty – and I love them both like children made out of metal, rubber and plastic.

Froggy…

Zesty…

Entonox
    Free Member

Thanks smuttiesmith. That's a helpful insight.

So the question – "why get a Zesty when a Spicy isn't that disadvantageous" seems to be as valid as "why get a Spicy when a Zesty will suffice"
    Horses for courses and all that.

chakaping – are they 150mm Revs on your Zesty?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Chakaping
    I'm ordering my 214 this week, everyone has just started slashing prices on the 214 and 314, so I'm going for it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Show me ya Lapierres’ is closed to new replies.