Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Shoulder protection: 661 vs evs vs others?
  • dawh100
    Free Member

Hi All- currently nursing a shoulder injury following an off on the bike (torn supraspinatus/rotator cuff and fractured greater trochanter for those that know about these things…) Crap timing as was test riding some potential new metal (blur lt vs. 5.spot) Am itching to get back out on the bike but have probably 8-10 weeks to run before I risk it.

Anyway- I think I need a shoulder protector before going back to reduce the risk of re-injury. 661 shoulder support and EVS SB 02/03/04 are the ones I’ve seen in the usual shops- and I wondered if anyone has any experience of these in shoulder injuries? Or uses any others?

Any advice gratefully received. Am getting withdrawals from not getting out on the bike… On the flip side the delay in my purchase might see some 2012 options arriving on my shortlist (like yeti sb66 amongst others…)

Cheers,
    David.

thecrackfox
    Free Member

I used the 661 version last year after busting my collar bone and it certainly helped to support my shoulder, especially on long rides with a big pack.

By the nature of them they are quite tight, I ordered the XL for a 44″ chest and it was okay.

You will find that they compress your lungs a bit and they can be a bit sweaty, although I was fortunate to be bust up in winter.

Just be careful, but I’d guess you will be anyway.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I ordered the EVS 03 from CRC but got the 661 one instead (which I already had – the 03 looked a little better).

More difficult to put on yourself on one shoulder than the other.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Shoulder protection: 661 vs evs vs others?’ is closed to new replies.