Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Should we take our bikes/child trailer to Centre Parks?
  • AB
    Free Member

Or hire when we get there? Not sure I fancy risking it with £3k worth of kit…

crikey
    Free Member

Centre Parcs is too expensive for theives; take a bike lock and chill out; you’re paying to be apart from the riff-raff after all….

AB
    Free Member

Crikey – at first, that’s what I thought, but have since learned that it is fairly common for thieves to target high-end bikes that are left (even locked) outside or in cars/lodges…

ji
    Free Member

Take ’em inside at night. The boiler room in the lodges is plenty big enough for 3 bikes (or 4 at a push). In the day park them up in the main parking areas with a good lock – never had a problem with mine

Filthy
    Free Member

I have a crappy old muddy fox explorer circa 1987, perfect for shopping and centre parcs. Have taken the good bikes before but ended up locking them in the lodge and walking everywhere. Maybe its just my distrusting nature.

bland

My bro was at the one near penrith at the end of last year and they were broken into, as were about another 5 lodges that night, cars were even taken with teh keys, also more worrying was that a knife was taken from a knife block so if they had woke up and confronted them it could have been messy!

Otherwise i hear its a very calming place

julianwilson
    Free Member

I have only been to the longleat one but there was no proper mountain biking on site: I would take/borrow crap bikes and a trailer as it is a good way to get around but you won’t be looking around wishing you had a ‘proper’ bike. And some of the trails get a bit ‘mulchy’ in the rain if you have proper mudguards so much the better.

When we went some loon had a new Epic cable locked outside the block of appartments they were staying in.

geoffj

Centre Parcs is too expensive for theives; take a bike lock and chill out; you’re paying to be apart from the riff-raff after all….

That must be a different Center Parcs to the one I’ve been to! 🙄

I like Dave360s take on it TBH

Longarmedmonkey

We took some reasonably nice kit to Longleat, took it in at night. Did worry a little when it was locked outside Santa’s grotto and the swimming pool but it all turned out fine. Found some tracks in the woods just outside the park.

ski
    Free Member

Which one are you going to AB?

Longleats and the one in Nottingham have some great local trails to play with locally.

You do see the odd nice bike, but most are old Marin’s or Steel FS monsters.

We take our kiddies trailer a Burley Bee and lock it up at night, the bikes go in the boiler room at night.

Bikes unfortuantly do get nicked, my brother lost his on his last visit, locked outside his lodge!

GreenK
    Free Member

Last time we went we had two bikes (my Rockhopper and my son’s Hardrock) and a trailer-bike stolen. Good locks too! They were in one of the bike parks under lights.

They found the trailer-bike in one of the lakes a week later. It was a little bit rusty!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Should we take our bikes/child trailer to Centre Parks?’ is closed to new replies.