Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Should we get a cat?
  • martinhutch

Not having enough spare time for a dog wouldn’t be in my top 10 reasons to get a cat, TBH.

dazh

Hora, do not under any circumstances get a pedigree or pay for a cat. There are loads of unwanted cats that need homes. Also get it neutered/spayed immediately if it’s not already.

Cats are pretty low maintenance if they go outside to do their business, although you may piss off the neighbours if you don’t have a big garden. Bells on collars can be used to reduce (but not eliminate) small animal slaughter.

Don’t believe anyone who tells you ex-strays can’t be tamed. This one was pretty much feral two years ago before we took him in…..

P-Jay
    Free Member

No, because all cats are arseholes.

They are not affectionate, they are soulless mercenaries – they don’t purr as a sign of affection, they do it for food/warmth. If they sit on your lap it’s because you’re the most comfortable place in that room at that time – ours used to like to stick their claws in anyone they sat on if they moved so much a millimetre, just warn them not to endanger their comfort again. If someone else offers them better food or more comfortable surroundings they will forget you in an instant.

They look all cute and furry when they’re kittens, and all sleek and elegant for a good few years after that, but then they become old, ratty aggressive bastards who shit and piss everywhere – one of ours used to look at an open door 2 meters away as say “nah, **** ‘em” and shit on the kitchen floor instead – have you ever gone into someone’s house and instantly thought – “bloody hell, that’s some funky cat smell!” Well, that will be your house, only you’ll get used to it and you won’t notice – but all your friends will.

When our two cats had to be put down at 16 and 17 years old, it broke my heart, it really did – when the first one fell ill I spent a fortune of my own money (they came with the Wife, who in turn got them from her Mum when she passed on and no insurance company wanted to cover them) on various tests and x-rays, the Vet continued to offer hope for just a few hundred more, then a few hundred more and why not a few more – thankfully a lovely Ventry Nurse pulled me aside when the Vet wasn’t about and told me the facts of life – I was burning through cash just to find out what was going to kill this poor suffering Cat anyway so I signed the paperwork for euthanasia.

When the second cat fell ill 2 years later I was more pragmatic about it, she was 17 years old and had been less and less active for a while so I just signed the paperwork – frankly after we got over the initial grief we were relieved and vowed never to get another pet.

Coyote
    Free Member

This isn’t a dig at you, but did you previously give a pet dog up Hora?

If I remember correctly he did this due to issues between the dog and his new son. It was a very responsible thing to do.

jekkyl

Cats are the devil incarnate, don’t have em in the house.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Cats are ace

Fat George hiding from his two female housemates
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/DehtNA]Fat George[/url] by Alpine160, on Flickr

mrsfry
    Free Member

Get a cat, get two cats and listean to them turn your home into Brands Hatch at 3am or turn your bath into a skate park at 4am. Nothing i like better than waking up to the wrong end of a cat or having two cats kneeding my face when i try to lie in.

Don’t get me started on wallpaper opinions. Oh! and cat litter! blooming cat litter! WTF just cover your doings over, no need to dig down to the earths core and dispose of it (although sometimes it’s a good idea).

Get a cat (i want others to experience my pain joy )

Get two cats and film your own fight club (baby cat butt wiggle is to die for)

PS

You will never have to pee alone

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Should we get a cat?’ is closed to new replies.