Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Should we ask for a 'stolen bike' forum ?
  • ciderinsport
    Free Member

Just a thought…

Seems lots of bikes are being stolen, one way of keeping an eye out on here?

Mods – what do you think?

STW – would you read it?

ratherbeintobago

If we have it, presumably all the threads could be added to the main page (like Bike and Chat are now)?

Andy

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Great idea

maccruiskeen

STW – would you read it?

No, a separate forum would mean I’d never see them much like I don’t see any classified threads

wwaswas

Bikeregister.co.uk already provides this sort of service?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Like me i never read the Chat forum.best to leave it where it is.

andyl
    Free Member

How about people do what they do now creating a thread to say about it, discuss etc (as shown lately people have been helping others find bikes) and then maybe make a stolen bikes sticky at the top where a single post can be made with the details and picture of the bike. Maybe the mods could arrange it so that it puts the newest post first? People could email the mods the details and picture to post along with contact details/link to actual thread.

footflaps

Who would read it?

TheFlyingOx

People who have stolen bikes and are waiting for the heat to die down before they stick the loot on Gumtree?

footflaps

Good point. I have a few to shift, so it would be handy to know when the owners have given up….

😉

JoeG
    Free Member

I like andy’s idea and also agree with maccruiskeen that a completely different stolen bike thread wouldn’t get a whole lot of views.

dantsw13

No, keep the threads here for max visibility.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Should we ask for a 'stolen bike' forum ?’ is closed to new replies.