Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Should know better! Just bought a BMX!
  • phil40
    Free Member

I have started taking my children (6 and 3) round our local woods on their bikes! I felt a bit of a twonk on my full sus so decided that I wanted something else I could just grab and ride with them!

Cue my first ever BMX! I picked it up today and it is rather grin inducing, although much harder work than I expected! My son is learning manuals, and on my first attempt to show him I had to jump off as the bike looped out under me!

Anyone else got a BMX as a 40 something and enjoyed it! I won’t be going to the bike park anytime soon, I can hardly get the wheels off the ground!

Yak

Awesome! Bring it along next Tuesday and lets see how much hurt will happen 😀

phil40
    Free Member

That and the ramp! Nothing bad will come of that combination 😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yeah I’m 39 and have one, regular bike park visitor with my 4yr old in the darker months

dudeofdoom

Err might have one..48

Tend to use it for the odd Asder junk food run or playing with the dogs …and pump tracks if kids aren’t around.

Just remembered I’ve got a plastic ramp in garage … Might try something silly weekend 🙂

handyandy
    Free Member

I’m 44 and have a bmx. My younger mate also bought one, and we had a summer of post pub bmx racing around his farm. Then I broke my thumb in a racing ‘incident’ and retired 😉

donks
    Free Member

Just trying to get rid of mine…. 43 in a few weeks and spent the last 4 years riding on and off. Mainly skate park but eventually started to hurt too much and the youngsters are too flippin good for me so it’s time to get rid….. My lad still has his though

el_boufador

37 just bought one.
    Second ride out = more blood than on any other ride in memory. 4 big gashes on my shins, which bled rather a lot.

Still enjoyed it though and before I binned it I was getting OK on the hip jumps

monkeychild
    Free Member

I’ve been out tonight (39 today 😀 ) I was practicing manuals (keep looping out) on a car park nearby and round the back of Lidl 😀 My arms kill but it’s ace fun.

Harry_the_Spider

I was 47 when I got mine 🙂

Don’t do any of the skate park stuff on it but it has been razzed around this a few times.

dudeofdoom

4 big gashes on my shins

I tend to wear my tld knee pads when i’m arsing about – unrad
    but saves the mess.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

thanks very much stw I am now a proud owner of a Bmx.. That last bmx I owned was when I was 13. I need a longer seat post 🙂

kayla1
    Free Member

Yes. 41 here, many and various BMXs hanging up around the house…

choppersquad
    Free Member

I’ve done nothing but watch all the Scotty Cranmer videos on YouTube this week and it’s really made me want one.
    I would die though.

pickle
    Free Member

YES! got quite a few of all ages.

If you used to have one as a kid in the 80’s or 90’s have a look at our site http://www.radbmx.co.uk

muddodger
    Free Member

I’ve also just joined the ‘just got a BMX club’ (44) was easier to say it was for the grandson, unfortunately wife can see right through that one.. 😳

Will be fun taking kids to local BMX loop though 8)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Should know better! Just bought a BMX!’ is closed to new replies.