Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Should I upgrade my Float X to a CC DBA?
  • fitnessischeating
    Free Member

My new frame a Pivot Mach 6 has a Float X rear shock, and i’m not really getting on with it, here’s the issues (as i perceive them).

I find, that even running less sag than pivot recommend I blow through mid travel very quickly, even when not hitting anything particularly big.

Given the low-ish BB height, I would quite like some more mid-stroke support, to generally keep my pedals a bit higher, and out of the rocks…

I have fitted a larger volume spacer, so I’m not really bottoming out hard or often, but i seem to very quickly get to the last 10% of my travel.

So here’s my question… would an upgrade to a CC DBA actually resolve this for me, or is the real world difference not that much, and I should persevere with fettling the float-x to get it behaving closer to how I want.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I had a similar experience with a Transition Covert with an Fox RP23. It blew through it’s travel even with zero sag with huge pressure. It was just wrong for the bike/my weight.

The CCDBA transformed the bike. It worked as I wanted it too with minimum fettling.

You may be able to get the Fox internally modified and tuned and fiddled with it, but the CCDB will just work with a few turns of the adjuster.

They are witchcraft

zero-cool
    Free Member

I had the same problem with an RP23 on my Orange Alpine. A push Tune and setup from TF Tuned help somewhat but I have recently traded it for a CCDB coil and it’s much better. I’m more than happy with the weight increase. I expect the CCDB air will be similar.

I think the problem I had was a combination of the long travel and the fact I’m 90kg as the Missus has no problems with a Fox Air shock on her Covert, but then she’s considerably lighter than me.

It does take a while to. Get a CCDB set up right, luckily it came off a friend’s Alpine 160 which I spent 6 months setting up perfect for him (and by him I of course mean for myself)

skydragon
    Free Member

you might want to have a look at This (Vorspung Corset)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Should I upgrade my Float X to a CC DBA?’ is closed to new replies.