Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Should I send this Bike Back?
  • shooterman

I recently bought a frame and all the bits mail order as well. I asked the guy if he had any brakes on special offer and he said he had some Juicy 7’s.

They were slightly lower than CRC prices so I took them. When they arrived it was clear they were second hand. Then he changed the rims I had ordered to tubeless rims without telling me. Then the fork turned out to be a standard QR rather than a QR 15 I had requested. (The order was posted in three separate lots)

Now, I’ve easily bought £10k plus worth of stuff from this guy over the years and I’m pretty annoyed. Should I send it back or bite the bullet? Am I over reacting? Would really like to have a bike over Xmas though!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

It’s clearly not what you ordered so send it back.

stumpy01

I’d be sending it back.

eth3er
    Free Member

Lower than CRC? Pray tell. 🙂

stugus
    Free Member

defo send it back, because of the brakes if for no other reason.

trailertrash

Can’t see that there is any question here….

legend
    Free Member

nothing that you mentioned is a cheap forgive and forget part – get it all back to him asap

epicyclo

Secondhand or previously mounted? There is a difference IMO and surely tubeless rims is an upgrade?

But the forks definitely.

jools182
    Free Member

send it back

Tom83

Speak to the seller, negotiate a discount if you want to keep it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

speak to them but they have not provided what you asked for have they – send it back if you are unhappy with the response. Distance selling regs , breach of contract blah blah blah

wwaswas

send it back and ask for what you paid for. Don’t be ‘nasty’, just firm.

neninja
    Free Member

I’d send it back due to the fork alone – owning both I’d want a 15mm axle if for no other reason than not having to realign the calliper every time the wheel is taken out

trailertrash

I’d send it back due to the fork alone – owning both I’d want a 15mm axle if for no other reason than not having to realign the calliper every time the wheel is taken out

er….what? 😯 shouldn’t really be necessary.

ojom
    Free Member

?

shooterman

Definitely second hand brakes. The rotors are well marked and there are a few paint ships on the levers.

OK, think I will have to bite the bullet and say I’m sending it back.

I’m not so sure I could be bothered with all the faff with tubeless rims.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

if i ordered a dog and they sent me a cat i wouldn’t think ” its near enough” ;p send it back defo

uplink
    Free Member

Send the bits back that aren’t what you ordered

I’m not so sure I could be bothered with all the faff with tubeless rims.

There isn’t any faff, if you wanted to, they can be simply used as normal non-tubeless rims

james
    Free Member

“surely tubeless rims is an upgrade?”
    No, they are an upgrade

Though they’re not much of an upgrade if they are a bitch to change tyres as some can be, or if they’re a non beneficial width, weight etc ..

I’d be sending back

leystan
    Free Member

Am i missing something?? Nobody has suggested talking to him. Surely it would be sensible to pick up the phone and have a chat with this guy? Especially considering your past custom. Brakes may have been an oversight and he may be perfectly prepared to put things right?? Seems a bit ‘ baby out with the bathwater’ to just send everthing back before telling him how you feel. Don’t take any nonsense from him though…

shooterman

Leystan, that’s pretty much what I have done.

I have explained we have a problem, what I’m not happy about and asked him what he feels he can do about it.

I really would like to have a bike for the Christmas break.

neninja
    Free Member

er….what? shouldn’t really be necessary.

I always find when you remove a front from a normal qr fork it never lines up quite the same when it goes back in so you get some disc rub. Same with my mates too.

15QR always go back exactly the same.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Clean yer dropouts and axle. Then from now on, close the skewer when the bike is on the ground and push down on the stem to make sure the axle is firmly inside the dropouts before closing the skewer.Align the brake.it should be spot on each and every time you do this.

I cant think what goes wrong for you.

trail_rat
    Free Member

fitting the front wheel with a catapult i presume ….

Onzadog
    Free Member

Neninja, are both yours and your mates bikes running specialized own brand hubs by any chance?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Should I send this Bike Back?’ is closed to new replies.