Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Should I sell my Tracer then Buy a Cotic Hemlock ??
  • craig1975
    Free Member

I'm seriously thinking about punting my Intense Tracer and have been looking at a Hemlock… had the Tracer for almost 2 years.. it could be a impulse decision.. 😀

B@rney
    Free Member

no!

Bregante

Yes! (just to add balance to the arguement :wink:)

craig1975
    Free Member

why not ?? and why yes ?? LOL

househusband

Yes.

(You know you're only waiting for the Tracer to crack somewhere..!)

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

househusband – Member
    Yes.

and the Hemlocks have had no cracking problems?…..

rob2
    Free Member

whereabouts are you? I'm near oxford and reading and you can try my hemlock if you're nearby.

I don't think the new chainstays will break, they are massive fellas.

Nice bikes. but lots of nice frames out there, like treks shhhh……

craig1975
    Free Member

ultimately this is one of the main rezones as to why I'm even considering changing frames.. after cracking 2 rear stays Ive some what lost confidence in the tracer.. intense assure me that they have sorted this issue.. but it's still niggling me…

after seeing the new version of the Hemlock at Mabie.. it got me thinking..

cheers for the offer Rob2 but I'm in Glasgow..

BigJohn

If you've been thinking about it seriously then it's not an impulse buy.

B@rney
    Free Member

Cotic's are cheap bikes. Plus far too much bias towards them on here so its not a fair call, imo

Kuco

Are Cotics cheap or are Intense just over priced. Ride anywhere like France/Canada and you here a lot of stories of people breaking their Intense. Not something I would want from an expensive frame.

B@rney
    Free Member

Maybe its a bit of both, I've been lucky enough to own two intense, a 6.6 and the new Tracer and have had none of the problems in question.

Northwind

I absolutely love my Hemlock and I'd recommend anybody to try one, it's done me proud and is yet to snap in half. I think I'll forgive it if it does anyway… But I've never riden a Tracer so can't compare.

See if you can get a demo or a loan. The Hemlock doesn't do anything really weird or drastic so you're unlikely to hate it but bike feel and fit is too personal a thing.

backhander
    Free Member

This particular one isn't mine, but I will not sell mine. When/if mine ever breaks/wears out, I shall go straight out and buy another.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Should I sell my Tracer then Buy a Cotic Hemlock ??’ is closed to new replies.