Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Should I keep my beaver?
  • Lakes_Puma

I’m currently running Maxxis beavers front and rear on my HT 29er while it’s been wet and sloppy, should I swap to something else once it dries up for general XC duties or are the beavers fine in the dry and dust?

z1ppy

Change, as my 2.0 beaver died over a single winter.. so don’t waste it on dry trails IMO. Of course unless it very tired already, then just run it into the ground!

PS: One dry warm day does not mean winters over!

medoramas
    Free Member

warns74
    Free Member

I used 2.25 Beavers all year round on my HT29 and they are great. Leave em on!

cakefacesmallblock

Had a 2.25 Exo 26″ Beaver on the back for a while now, not wanting to get all tyreist about it, but works for me, muddy or dry, HR on the front, nice combo.
    The Beaver is wearing alarmingly fast though, but I will replace it like for like.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Could you not just shave your beaver? Reduce the knobs on your beaver for summer? Or based on the fact you like dirty beaver in the winter have your beaver ready for any muck to be thrown at it during the summer?

welshfarmer

Beaver for winter, Ikon for summer. In fact, I have ridden quite a few of the winter trails on the Ikon as it has been on from a race & I couldn’t be arsed to change it over. Bit slidey but still happy riding some big slick downhills around the Blacks. Do like a beaver though when it gets a bit wet and slippy.

bikeneil
    Free Member

should I swap to something else once it dries up for general XC duties or are the beavers fine in the dry and dust?

Why don’t you try them firsy. Surely you can decide yourself if you like them or not?

mcnultycop

My beavers get hammered all year. I’m loyal.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Should I keep my beaver?’ is closed to new replies.