Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Should I just write off my L & M Arc?
  • maxray
    Free Member

Managed to break the head unit of my L&M Arc HID light in a crash which leaves me with a desicion to make.

A replacement led head unit is going to cost around 200-250 quid (Seca 400) which I am loathed to shell out for.

On the other hand I would really like to make use of my battery pack and charger rather than get a new cheaper lightset and chuck the bat/charger.

What should I do? Are there any other brands of light that would work with the L&M style connectors?

MrAgreeable

I'd get the Seca. Apart from a rather kludgy handlebar mount it seems to be one of the best lights money can buy.

geoffj

Troutlight?

maxray
    Free Member

The Seca is kind of tempting as I loved my Arc. Its a lot of cash but I guess we have 6 months of perpetual darkness to look forward too so it will get lots of use.

jam-bo

have you tried talking to L&M. they did a seca lamp unit cheap for a mate of mine when he broke his.

snaps
    Free Member

I might be interested in buying the damaged one as I have a HID casing I'm building up.

Alb
    Free Member

Before you write it off it's always worth a phonecall to Madison customer care (UK importers). You never know what they might be able to do for you.
    They're top people and shoudl be able to help.

01908 326032

Mister-P
    Free Member

Good to speak to you maxray, hope I helped.

maxray
    Free Member

Indeed, although if you can give me a cheaper than list price on the head unit it would be even better! 🙂

Quite surreal speaking to a fellow stwer by chance though.

Think I will give it some thought over the weekend.

Cheers,

RichPenny
    Free Member

Would be interested in buying the battery if you decided to flog that separately. ..

TexWade
    Free Member

I would be interested in the bracket to fit the thing to the handlebars if you scrap it since would help me with my unit. Will pay handsomely (within reason).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Should I just write off my L & M Arc?’ is closed to new replies.