Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Should I remove his balls?
  • piemonster

STW veterinary opinions wanted for the wee pup currently cradled in my arms.

Any advice on the pros and cons? He’ll be spending plenty of time with other dogs, is it a ‘see what his behaviour is like when they start working’ thing?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Aff

jambourgie
    Free Member

I’d probably get the vet to do it personally.

Pigface
    Free Member

Get rid of them

Basil

If you don’t want to breed him,cut em orf.

tthew

What’s good for the goose, is good for the goose. Man up* and get yours done to show empathy and solidarity.

*down.

piemonster

Bad news for Herbie so far!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Awf, then serve them to him for his supper ?

bearnecessities

Just show him an STW thread for an example of a male. He’ll grab a bread knife and cut them off himself.

woffle
    Free Member

on a serious note – unless you plan on breeding from him / stud fees, get him done. We did consider leaving our Bedlington pup intact for a while – he is full KC – but decided against it on advice of the vet – it’s better for his health…

loddrik
    Free Member

I got rid of my dogs before they’d even appeared.

Alphabet

So let me just get this straight.

You’ve got a new puppy right?

You’re asking on here if you should have his balls removed or not?

You’ve had 5 or 6 sensible replies to your OP.

WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS OF THE PUPPY?

Lionheart
    Free Member

What breed? We had pointers, a German and Hungarian and kept them entire, never had a problem, never bred from them, they were proper heros all their life. Have the JR now, told by vet wait at least 12 months and only if needed.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve had mine done…

…much more comfortable for a long day in the saddle.

sofaking
    Free Member

speak to vet not the idiots on here.
    🙄

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

^^ best 2 bits of advice ever read on this forum.

CountZero

You don’t need a vet, just a couple of bricks…
    Doesn’t hurt so long as you keep your thumbs out of the way.
    😉

piemonster

Ooh top tip that thank you, didn’t realise vets gave advice on animal health 😛

piemonster

What breed? We had pointers, a German and Hungarian and kept them entire, never had a problem

Wirehaired Vizsla, I suspect he’s going to hump the hell out of Daisy next door if left intact.

piemonster

WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS OF THE PUPPY?

I lack photo hosting. Just imagine teeth with a dog attached straining a dump out.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Made no difference to my jr cross at had his done on advice of the vet. He’s still an aggro **** with other dogs.

Rockape63
    Free Member

It’s better for them to keep them up to the age of 9 and better for them to lose them after the age of 9. If the are aggressive before then, they tend to recommend removing early.

That’s the advice we’ve had, from top Vets.

Junkyard
    Free Member

NO

two reasons
    1. DO you want to have your balls removed to pacify you? Why consider it for any other creature

2. Following VET advice on a recuse dog aged over 9* his were removed it made no difference to his behaviour at all.

* we were having to return him as just too aggressive with other dogs but fine in all other circumstances.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

There’s more to aggressive or reactionary behaviour in dogs than having testicles.

However, I’d say take them off if you are not planning to breed from him.

If there’s a bitch on heat within 3 miles he’ll smell it and will be going er nuts. You’d be needing a very good recall to stop him doing one to find her.

piemonster

2. Following VET advice on a recuse dog aged over 9* his were removed it made no difference to his behaviour at all.

My understanding is that to have the most behavioural impact chop chop needs to happen between 6 and 9 months!?

Might have that wrong tbh and happy to be corrected

1. DO you want to have your balls removed to pacify you?

No, but it would certainly make life a lot easier.

z1ppy

Yes, every aggressive dog we’ve met whilst walking our neuter dog, has not been done. No it’s no guarantee of passivity but if your not planning to breed, why leave them on?

convert

if your not planning to breed, why leave them on?

I don’t have kids and have no plans to change that…..crosses legs in case any of you callous bastards come round and try to whip em off.

Genuine question – if you did it to a human would it have the same effect?

2ndly – if you fed them back to a dog would they recognise it as an (ex) bit of them or just wolf them down?

sbob
    Free Member

why leave them on?

They’re an integral part of the animal.
    If you’re going to insist on having bizarre interspecies relationships the least you can do is not mutilate the beast.

Cougar

I lack photo hosting

https://imgur.com

Cougar

1. DO you want to have your balls removed to pacify you? Why consider it for any other creature

Creatures aren’t people. Some people eat other animals, doesn’t mean they’d be up for a spot of cannibalism.

scotroutes

Careful. Judging by many of he dog/cat related posts on here, many folk can’t tell the difference.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Creatures aren’t people

thank god i did not claim they were

piemonster

[/url]IMG_20170620_132321150 by Piesinfife, on Flickr[/img]

piemonster

[/url]IMG_20170620_175605507 by Piesinfife, on Flickr[/img]

piemonster

[/url]IMG-20170622-WA0005 by Piesinfife, on Flickr[/img]

Sandwich

For those with aggressive dogs 6 months with a basket muzzle every walk will teach humility. The first aggressive rush, followed by the realisation that this may be a mistake needs repeating to get the message home.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Should I remove his balls?’ is closed to new replies.