Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Should I get an Audi A4, or another VW Passat
  • boblo
    Free Member

Good for you. That will be a very nice motah. Do they still do the 3.0l engine in the A4? That would also be a nice combo. I’ve also got a little devil on my shoulder suggesting the biturbo A6 Avant as being the ‘right choice’, just trying to ignore it at the moment as it’s a bit ££££’s.

angeldust
    Free Member

Nice car. Ignore the ****, you will be happy with it.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

You’ll love the A4 we picked up our 14 plate in April. Same spec as yours but in ibis white. We tried the 3 series but couldn’t live with the stupid off centre pedals.

bigG
    Free Member

Funkydunc, yes I looked at, and drove, a 3 series. To be honest I wasn’t impressed, I found it OK at best and let’s be honest cars like this aren’t about “driving experience” they’re about getting from a to b in a comfortable and safe manner. With that in mind I found the Audi a better place to be spending time. The BMW felt dark, not as well laid out and the pedals,,, well let’s just say my knees don’t bend sideways despite BMWs thought that they do.

Whardedale, do you find the 177 peaky or is the power delivery pretty smooth?

Wharfedale
    Free Member

BigG ours is the 140bhp engine. Its the wife’s car so didn’t want her to have too much power 😀

Having had several VAG PD engines over the years the new CR engines are light years ahead in refinement and power delivery. They’ve pretty much eliminated the spikey torque that the pd engine was know for.

Mpg is very good too. 60mpg + has been easily acheivable right from the first tank of fuel.

Offset pedals in the 3 series are odd. I did over 1,000km in a left hand drive rental one in Denmark a couple of months ago and didn’t notice the problem. The car is probably designed for the biggest market i.e. left hand drive and adapted for the right hand drive market.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

VOLVO

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Should I get an Audi A4, or another VW Passat’ is closed to new replies.