Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Should i buy this laptop?
  • dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Was looking at netbooks as I just really want to surf the net and do simple stuff with it.
    But have found a 2nd hand laptop – Dell Vostro 1000 for £150. Compared to the netbooks its got twice as powerful a cpu (amd 64 dual core), far better graphics chip (ati 1150). 15.4" screen rather than 10.1".
    also has 120gb HD and 1gb ram.
    Looks fugly, weighs a 1kg more and has a far shorter battery life (with a new battery)

But i'm not going to be carrying it round a college, school, uni, work. it'll be in a backpack going to a friends house or sat on the coffee table. It'll always (as far as i can see) be next to a plug socket. And I'm not shallow enough to worry about looks :p i've got a "hole through the downtube" trance!

Is this a good deal? Am i being silly thinking a netbook will be nicer?

Gordy
    Free Member

£150 sounds fair enough for that but of course a new netbook will be nicer. I'd have the laptop but it sounds like you've got Iwantanewshinyitis though.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

yeah a new netbook would be nicer and i think i'm looking for someone to say "snap out of it – look away from the shiny new stuff" and to truthfully say the laptop is a good deal.

If I can get a better laptop for cheaper then i probably won't bother with this.

Gordy
    Free Member

The price difference can't be much. If you'd like the netbook then just get it, I'd say.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

netbooks i'm looking at are £200ish, saw one i liked at £250…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Should i buy this laptop?’ is closed to new replies.