Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Should I be offended?
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ernie just called me a

a soft moderate Guardian-reading type liberal.

I have been called some names on here in my time but really ! I might have to write a strongly worded letter to someone

rOcKeTdOg

Should I be offended?

aren’t you always?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

You two should start dating

loddrik
    Free Member

Could be worse, could have been called a **** **** ****

ronjeremy
    Free Member

ShouldWhen am I benot offended?

There fixed it for you…

monksie
    Free Member

This message board is so much more a part of your life than is healthy, isn’t it?

Hairychested
    Free Member

You should buy him flowers for being nice to you.

sweepy
    Free Member

I cant see anything i’d be ashamed of there

King-ocelot
    Free Member

You could just attention seek about it…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well if helps you solve this little conundrum, it wasn’t meant as a compliment.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

monksie – Member

This message board is so much more a part of your life than is healthy, isn’t it?

+1

trail_rat
    Free Member

are you related to marcus brigstockt

druidh
    Free Member

Ernie who?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The fastest milkman in the west?

clubber
    Free Member

Some people like being offended. You just need to decide if you’re one of them.

djglover
    Free Member

I thought it was part of your role in policing the internet with Elfinsafety to be offended on everyones behalf.

Kuco

I think you should demand facts and figures and ask where he got his information from.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Never mind TJ – somebody loves you….

ahwiles
    Free Member

yesterday i mentioned to a friend of mine that i’m going to try not eating red meat, as i’m not sure it agrees with me.

“have you been reading the f***ing guardian again?”

was his response.

nickc

it wasn’t meant as a compliment.

It’s not a very good insult though. It’s like telling some-one they’re not very good at arranging flowers, or that their home made marmalade is a bit runny, and not very tangy…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I shall call Ernie a wishy washy liberal from now on. That’ll learn him

chvck
    Free Member

or that their home made marmalade is a bit runny, and not very tangy…

😆

BillMC

I wonder what daily newspaper a left winger is expected to read? At least the Guardian has the sense to employ people like Gary Young and George Monbiot and the late Paul Foot. Even Simon Jenkins was last week arguing to end the military budget. I should like to be told of a more progressive daily alternative.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Have a fight, with knives and broken bottles and chisels!!

chewkw
    Free Member

Elfinsafety vs TandemJeremy

😆 they are lovers 😆

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Should I be offended?

Definitely. In Ernie’s world being a “soft moderate Guardian-reading type liberal” is equivalent to being a Tory.

If I called you a deluded self righteous eco-marxist would that help balance things up a bit?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

WTF TJ has a facebook fan page…. and there’re female ‘fans’… and some are (well certainly one) incredibly hot!!

Go forth singletrackers and FB stalk she who is known as Corinne…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I wonder what daily newspaper a left winger is expected to read? At least the Guardian has the sense to employ people like Gary Young and George Monbiot and the late Paul Foot. Even Simon Jenkins was last week arguing to end the military budget. I should like to be told of a more progressive daily alternative.

There’s so much wrong with that comment that I don’t know where to being. Why can’t a “left-winger” read the Times, or the Sun, or any other paper ? Have confidence in your views/opinions for goodness sake. Do you think your political commitment is so weak and shakey that you need a newspaper to reinforce it for you on a daily basis? I’ve been reading the Guardian since I was 10 years old (although obviously not in depth at that age) and the reason I still read it today is simply because of the sheer quantity and range of news it carries. Although I think it’s fair to say that I am very far from being a typical Guardian reader – even Stoner who reads the Guardian everyday (probably for the same reasons as me), and can hardly be described as “left-wing”, is a more typical Guardian reader than me. I certainly don’t buy it to read their leader comments, or the thoughts of Gary Young and George Monbiot and the late Paul Foot. I never read any of the comment pages apart from the letters. And Seumas Milne on a Thursday. But only because Seumas Milne amuses me by echoing everything I think – pretty unusual for a member of the waffling intelligentsia. I certainly don’t, as a general rule, need the Guardian to tell me how I should think. This is the paper I’ll remind you, which urged everyone to vote LibDem last May. Now of course I don’t know whether their call to arms on behalf of the LibDems had an effect on the election result, but if it did have any effect at all, then it will have been to help the Tory Party rule unhindered, despite their lack of necessary electoral support. How terribly “left-wing” of them. I find the gushing enthusiasm and belief which many Guardian readers have for their paper, truly depressing. At least most Sun readers that I know have a healthy, cynical, and realistic view, of their newspaper – they are under no illusion about its limitations, unlike Guardian readers – the irony of which has always amused me btw. Nothing wrong with reading the Guardian of course, just don’t treat it like an indispensable left-wing holy book, it isn’t. Finally, you “should like to be told of a “more progressive daily alternative” you apparently claim. Well the Morning Star which I also read most days, ticks both boxes. Although I am absolutely certain that you are about as interested in reading the Morning Star, as you are in reading ‘a more progressive daily alternative’ – ie, not at all.

Stoner
    Free Member

Although I think it’s fair to say that I am very far from being a typical Guardian reader – even Stoner who reads the Guardian everyday (probably for the same reasons as me), and can hardly be described as “left-wing”

aye. Its the best “news”paper out there. I only read Polly occasionally for some rank hypocrisy to giggle about. And the letters page to top up on leftie-hand-wringing-sub-TJ-yoghurt-knitting-rantettes.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Well, you read the Guardian so presumably, you’re offended by absolutely everything anyway.

😉

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

…this is my favorite thread for ages. Thanks guys!

Oh…and can I join that FB group? Can I? Can I? Can I PLEEEEASE?!?!?!?!

kevonakona
    Free Member
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

At least most Sun readers that I know have a healthy, cynical, and realistic view, of their newspaper

I just like the ***s 8)

mogrim

It is a bit, well, wet. Crap, even. I mean, “soft moderate” Not exactly going to get the brothers on the picket line fired up, is it?

BillMC

‘The Morning Star’ goes a little way to explain the Stalinist bile, it’s about as edifying as Pif.

rOcKeTdOg

she who is known as Corinne…

does she mean The “X”

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Yup, it’s The X.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Remember that TJ was once described by ‘The Grauniad’ as a ‘cult’. 😉

wwaswas

‘cult’

I thought that sort of typographical error was a thing of the past?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Should I be offended?’ is closed to new replies.