Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • should I be cautious?
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

Am i just being over cautious here? I am selling something to a guy who has just joined STW so has no history. His insistant on paying by paypal for goods and not gift which I’m fine with and I’ll be sending the product via Parcel force so it will be insured and signed for. But you hear of stories on here/ebay about people claiming not to receive items etc and making claims/legal action and in general it all gets a bit messy which I don’t want to end up inviolved with.

I feel bad for even thinking this but these days this is the world we live etc etc

So am I being over cautious in thinking this and what should I do?

pudd
    Free Member

Not at all over cautious.if your man has no hidden agendas he won’t jumping thru a few hoops to appease your concerns.
    Make him do some pressups!

Can you meet halfway with cash instead?

davesmate
    Free Member

Surely if it has to be signed for and parcelforce have a signature to say it was delivered then there’s no way he can claim it wasn’t delivered is there?

teadrinker
    Free Member

That’s what I thought. He has paid and been perfectly pleasant throught so I think for my side of things I’ll just be over cautious and take lots of pictures before, during and after packing and then he there should be no come backs. Hopefully.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Surely if it has to be signed for and parcelforce have a signature to say it was delivered then there’s no way he can claim it wasn’t delivered is there?

“The box was empty” Is the usual line.

tomhoward

This is a new one, buyer pays by as secure a method as is possible, seller sends by as secure a way as possible, yet there is still an ‘I’m worried’ thread….

🙄

scaredypants

1st thing I ever bought on here was a fork – couple of hundred quid and it was just after a member called “aggressor” had ripped off a few people

Seller and I did a deal – he sent the 20mm axle “on trust”, I paid full amount on receipt and he then sent me the fork. AT least we both knew the other was slightly for real that way

You could ask him if he knows any regulars who might vouch for him ?

teadrinker
    Free Member

This is a new one, buyer pays by as secure a method as is possible, seller sends by as secure a way as possible, yet there is still an ‘I’m worried’ thread….

This is what being on STW has done to me.

scaredypants

how much is this sale – what’s your (£) risk ?

SidewaysTim

Please bare in mind that a buyer can pay with paypal, receive the goods and then simply tell paypal he didn’t authorise the transaction. Paypal take the money back off you and that’s that. Even with a Special Delivery showing the signature of the recipient, they will not give the seller a refund.

Rare, but it does happen.

teadrinker
    Free Member

£130 is the risk.

Tim I’ve heard of that too. I’ve emailed him and included the following

Please forgive me on this next question, unfortunatly due to problems in the past (even as a seller) and as you are a new forum member do you have any feeback anywhere I can check out such as other STW forum members, ebay feedback or Bikeradar etc? It’s just for my own sanity and no way do I mean to imply your a dodgy fella at all.

Hope you understand

I’m sure it’s all fine and if his not the understanding type then I’ll just apoligise and refund him his money.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘should I be cautious?’ is closed to new replies.