Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Should I?
  • SaxonRider

A work colleague has a 13 year old and a 4 year old Yorkshire Terrier that she is looking to re-home, as her own domestic situation has fallen apart (most unfortunately. Her husband left her.)

In any case, my question – which you will already have guessed – is: Do I want them?

I love dogs, and have a been a dog owner three times in the past. I have never really liked tiny dogs, but I figure I’ll take what I can get! Anyway, these little ones are in need of a new home, so…

What’s the STW verdict?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

No. Yorkshire Terriers are a) the most embarrassing thing to come out of Yorkshire, and B) the most embarrassing terriers there are..

IMHO

( As a terrier owning Plastic Yorkshireman)

jekkyl

Should I?

make a decision by myself?
    start another thread on stw?
    😉
    I’m joking really. I don’t really care how many threads you start. There is not enough info in your op to offer an informed opinion. I generally hated having a dog and was quite glad when it died. Who wants to continually pick up excrement from the garden every day? :mrgreen:

ElShalimo

Send them to a Korean doggy Dignitas clinic (yorkies are hateful little things)

wwaswas

Unless you like the breed no. 13 year old likely to be increasingly expensive to run in the near future.

I’ll take what I can get!

Visit some rescue centres – see what else is available.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Personally, no to those, just by breed.

Have you met these dogs?

As above, plenty of dogs looking for homes.

kayak23

Edited to be not that insensitive.

🙂

ourmaninthenorth

Very yappy little things. Our neighbours when I grew up had one. Our labradors tried to eat it regularly.

In reality only you know if you’re prepared to take on that level of commitment (I find cat ownership quite enough).

Ask yourself this: if you weren’t feeling sympathetic towards your friend, would you (a) want a dog and (b) want a Yorkshire Terrier.

CountZero

Next door had some, they bred a few. Horrid happy little rats that got shoved outside and they barked continuously.
    Kept hoping a seagull would snatch the vile little things.

shakers97
    Free Member

I think you need to consider the possibility that the husband buggered off because he was made to live with two Yorkshire Terriers.

jekkyl

you could probably boot one the length of an average garden if one were so inclined. It would likely make a very satisfactory sound as you did so. 😈

kelron
    Free Member

Don’t get pets unless you’re sure you still want pets in a year’s time.

lesgrandepotato

Take on the colleague and not the dogs? Is she called Louise?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No.

Yorkies are horrible wee shivery rats.

sweepy
    Free Member

If you are asking you aren’t sure so that needs caution, plus the older one will just be possibly expensive, the young one will be sharing your life for years, get a dog you like.
    People that love terriers do tend to really love them, which is just as well cos someone has to. I’d leave it to one of them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Should I?’ is closed to new replies.