• This topic has 23 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by nonk.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Should dog walkers and runners be forced to wear hi viz jackets and lights.
  • project
    Free Member

Lately it goes daerk early, so when im on my daily ride i meet various walkers, and doggerists, along with runners, and one thing they all have in common is theyre wearing dark clothes, and not looking where theyre going, inn fact last night on an unlit cycle path, out of the gloom came 2 husky type dogs pulling a pram thing quiclkly followed by another, i was about to tell them to get some lights and hi viz, but they and didnt look like the types who would take my views to heart, lovely dogs though, but so close to getting hit accidently by me, cyclists have to have lights, and so it appears do bmw drivers, usually dodgy ones that keep flashing if theyre behind you.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

No, because it would be ignored, so pointless except to keep politicians busy.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I prefer the ninja look.

soobalias
    Free Member

everyone should wear hi viz all the time, and helmets, and body armour

surazal
    Free Member

No. Next question.

DezB
    Free Member

What surazal said. Except the next question bit

grantway
    Free Member

I put those elasticated lights around my Golden Retriver’s collar from MBUK
    so I know where he’s gone when walking him.
    Hi Vize will not work in a none lit park ?

falkirk-mark

I think your lights may not be bright enough if you are having problems.

maccruiskeen

mandatory night vision goggles for all

maccruiskeen

except for the blind who should be fitted with sonar

project
    Free Member

falkirk-mark – Member
    I think your lights may not be bright enough if you are having problems.

Posted 9 minutes ago # Report-Post

i saw them and swerved, they where ona designated cycle path, not on the peds part

Cougar

Forced? No. Encouraged? Certainly.

I think the biggest problem with pedestrians at night is ignorance; they think that if they can see you, you can see them.

psychobiker
    Free Member

How did we survive before Hi viz and only having ever ready lights 🙄

coffeeking
    Free Member

Maybe walkerists shouldn’t be on a cycle path? Mabye cyclists on a shared use path should be going slow enough considering it’s normal practice for walkers to be idiots in dark clothing (though I don’t think I’d be walking a dog in high vis jackets lol).

STATO
    Free Member

they where ona designated cycle path, not on the peds part

More likely a recommended cycle path, which peds can walk on it if they want. Anyway, you expect crazy dog sled guys to be hooning it along a footpath instead? 😆

project
    Free Member

an 8 foot wide path, with a white line down the centre, numerous cycle signs on poles and painted opn the path to discriminate for each user,and i was going slow enough to see them , but even with lights they seemed to not see me.

edhornby

can we have a kosher hi viz vest please? riding home from work through the jewish bit of prestwich especially on a friday after the clocks go back is frankly bloody scary.

STATO
    Free Member

Prob couldnt judge the distance, oh look, a bright white spot in the distance… cr*p he’s right on us! 😆

CountZero

How did we survive before Hi viz and only having ever ready lights

Wow, Ever Ready lights! Damn, I had a pair of those mounted on my handlebars on my first mountainbike, an ’88
    Stumpjumper. Thought that really was the knee joint of a honey-gathering insect.
    Oh, how the times have changed.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Friday night posts have gone right down the pan… Project – you’re thinking too much.

IanMunro
    Free Member

They should be lined up and shot in front of their families.

prezet
    Free Member

Not forced. But common sense would dictate you’d want to be seen.

My dogs collar/harness/lead all have reflective stitching in them to help her be seen at night. I always walk with her on the inside too, away from the edge of the road.

Cougar

riding home from work through the jewish bit of prestwich especially on a friday after the clocks go back is frankly bloody scary.

I know what you mean, I used to play Syndicate.

nonk
    Free Member

maybe we could build color coded tunnels for every type of person doing every type of possible activity and going to evert possible destination in the whole of the world. then and even then only with a bit of luck we could get about with out ever needing to think.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Should dog walkers and runners be forced to wear hi viz jackets and lights.’ is closed to new replies.