Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 182 total)
  • Should Britain go to war with Iran?
  • mtb2020
    Free Member

It looks like the US and UK are gearing up for war with Iran. Do you think this is a good idea?

Watch this video of former 4 star US general, Wesley Clark, talk about America’s foreign policy to carve up the Middle East and bring it under its control. They were planning all this back in 1991!

rossi46
    Free Member

Its not a case of if but when.

No it’s not a good idea, but seeing as we the West have carved up much of the Middle East already, i guess the job needs finishing.
    Worse would be if Israel kicks off with Dinner Jacket, nukes being thrown around anyone?

bigbloke
    Free Member

😆 “Dinner Jacket”

yunki
    Free Member

the thought instils an ice cold chill of fear into my heart..

If/when it happens, I cannot think of a single nation of the world that will not cheer with relief when Iran nukes us..

rossi46
    Free Member

Especially most of the EU 😆

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Iran won’t nuke us. Instead they will make an utter mess of the middle eastern oilfields and screw the western economies that way.

rossi46
    Free Member

Iran won’t nuke us

Or pack some nice radioactive material into a rucksack and send some jihad scrote onto a train/ bus/ shopping centre/ plane etc…….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why? Is Iran threatening our borders?

No. And I hope Iran gets armed up to the teeth/does a deal with China to get some tasty weaponry to throw back at the West, so that we don’t invade them.

What is it that they’ve done so wrong that warrants an invasion? After all, Saudi Arabia has a worse Human Rights record, yet we happily do business with them…

We should all invade the US. That would have a far greater positive global impact, to shut that nation’s military operations down.

Come on China, sort it out…

sambob
    Free Member

No. Bad, extremely bad, incomprehensibly bad idea. Just no.

zippykona

No doubt it will all be thoroughly debated and public opinion consulted.
    Then they will do it anyway.
    Oppose and make bloody sure they don’t do it again.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Perhaps the only way that western imperialism will be halted is for them to go to war and get a very bloody nose. Losing the Vietnam war shook US confidence for fifteen years.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah but short of blowing up military bases here, how do we the people actually stop our government from sending our troops in?

And how much say do we really have in the running of our own country, compared to Washington?

ton

i personally think, that if the whole of the middle east and all the arab league were nuked from the face of the planet, we would all be far safer and better off.

imho that is……… 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ton; the planet would be better off if the UK and US were nuked from the face of the planet, is the real truth. Cos it’s us that start all the bloody wars these days…

Karinofnine

No! It’s none of our business! We need to pull out of Afghanistan too.

We can’t afford it.

Use the money to pay for pensioners’ fuel in the winter and decent pay for nurses, policemen, firemen, dustmen – people who we need, who look after us.

Agree with Elf, we need to wind our necks in (us and US).

thegman67

For such a small country we do get ourself in some shit. No to war from me

racefaceec90

no to war.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Perhaps a more constructive alternative than “nuking” Iran(and Saudi etc) would be to reduce our dependence on oil, which would eliminate/reduce above countries hold on our economies.
    I do agree on America/UK need to wind our necks in.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Definitely not. We should go for a country much smaller.

Iraq had a population** less than half the size of Iran and the Iraqi war went alright.

Maybe someone ought to ask our Middle East Peace Envoy – he’s good when it comes to that sort of thing.

** Even before we started killing hundreds of thousands of them.

loum
    Free Member

No. We should not invade Iran.

If we really need to go to war then surely the more sensible and economically viable option at present would be to invade France.
    A lot less travelling, and their Leader made ours’ look like the muppet he is yesterday so we have our valid reason for “Regime Change”. We could also point to the fact that we believe they have weapons of mass destruction. And apparently, there’s still plenty of “religious types” over there and they can be pretty dangerous and extremist, best to do it before they attack us.

misterfrostie
    Free Member

Its about time we let the middle east get on with their own affairs rather than blowing all the cash we don’t have on going to war with them. Admittedly Iran developing nukes is a terrible idea, just drop a daisycutter on the factory and have done.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

If “we” do start making war noises I’ll be out protesting for only the second time in my entire life – fooookin’ stupid!!
    *1st time being 30/11/11………runs away*

ski
    Free Member

thegman67 – Member

For such a small country we do get ourself in some shit. No to war from me

LOL, how true is that, always watch out for the little one, with something to prove 😉

Another No, here too

stumpyjon

Perhaps a more constructive alternative than “nuking” Iran(and Saudi etc) would be to reduce our dependence on oil,

Yep if we put all the money we’ve wasted on recent conflicts into renewable energy development we’d be world leaders exporting the technology and self sufficient in energy terms as well. Then we wouldn’t need to invade anyone else and can keep out of it when the energy wars really kick off. Unfortunately that would require a government to look more than six months ahead and actually plan for the future rather than just reacting to current events (same goes for big business).

War in Iran, might as well just bomb ourselves for the good it’ll do.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

No. No, No and erm let me think. No. We cannot afford a war.

chewkw
    Free Member

Nuke the hell out of each others to reduce human population and let the earth regenerates.

Yes, why not after all we are human and luckily we cull ourselves which is good otherwise the earth will be infested with so many self righteous maggots.

🙄

wrecker
    Free Member

For once we should mind our own business.
    Let the rest of them get on with it if they want to.
    Labour put us into too many wars, the torys should not continue it.
    Reading yunkis post, Its a shame I cannot put the killfile on the iPad.

yunki
    Free Member

Reading yunkis post, Its a shame I cannot put the killfile on the iPad.

really..? why?

have I offended you..?

I was just pointing out that perhaps the rest of the world are as sick of our warmongering as we are..

chewkw
    Free Member

yunki – Member

I was just pointing out that perhaps the rest of the world are as sick of our warmongering as we are..

How do you conclude that we are warmongering?

🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Because we cull ourselves and kill so many self righteous maggots ?

yunki
    Free Member

really..!?

ok… say we really are going to war with iran.. give one sound reason for it..
    or for the afghan invasion.. or the iraq invasion
    just one..

no.. you can’t

therefore I conclude that we are warmongering.. everyone that has posted on this thread is sick of it
    get a grip

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

Because we cull ourselves and kill so many self righteous maggots ?

Wrong. That’s not warmongering that’s preserving peace and love for mother earth by harvesting the ripen human maggots. You really need to think of mother earth you know … we maggots are insignificant as we multiply like a disease.

yunki
    Free Member

aaaah.. now I understand 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ah, “peacemongering” then.

And I love a plate of freshly harvested ripe maggots I do

chewkw
    Free Member

yunki – Member

ok… say we really are going to war with iran.. give one sound reason for it.. or for the afghan invasion.. or the iraq invasion
    just one..

1. For humanity … selfishly.

2. Or if we let it be the diseased maggot infestation would grow larger and perhaps a bigger nuke would be required.

I choose no. 2 because it would be better to nuke all once and for all.

🙄

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Eh? Do you read the news.

Iraq, Afghanistan. Libya, Millions of deaths as a result of our warmongering.

Its a disgrace and a source of shame. I am ashamed to be british.

Drac

Should innocent lives be lost for the sake of nothing, should we spend 100 of millions of £ when the country is a recession, could the money be better spent elsewhere?

Hmmmm! Not sure about this one.

yunki
    Free Member

it would be better to nuke all once and for all.

well that’s not very christmassy is it…?
    Have a mince pie.. you’ll feel much better.. 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Eh? Do you read the news.

Iraq, Afghanistan. Libya, Millions of deaths as a result of our warmongering.

Its a disgrace and a source of shame. I am ashamed to be british.

Hmmm … TJ … LOL!

No, I am afraid that’s not of our doing but more like some silly people from those countries poking the hornet’s nest. 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Don’t you mean maggots nest ?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 182 total)

The topic ‘Should Britain go to war with Iran?’ is closed to new replies.