• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Shorts – not baggy, not skin-tight
  • druidh
    Free Member

Something in-betweenie. Suitable for on-road touring, without being a full-on lycra short, but not a baggy DH-type thing either. Anything come to mind? It’s too difficult to tell from random photos on web-sites.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just get some Lycra shorts a couple of sizes too big for you.

daveevs
    Free Member

Just got some raceface baggies that might fit the bill. They’re not lycra, but neither do the flap about. Some kind of stretchy fabric. Definitely the right size too.

ton

polaris nexus

Simon

I find Endura Singletracks not that baggy, they might fit the bill.
    Best to go and try some on really.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Gore Bike Wear.

Very comfy and neatly cut (even on a skinny bastard like me).

djglover
    Free Member
    speaker2animals

swrve, Rapha, NZO, the other NZ ones that I can’t remember the name of?

matt_outandabout

I found that my two pairs of Sombrio keks (shorts and 3/4) are a nice balance of snug but baggy, with stretchy bits all over the bummage area….

Alek
    Free Member

Endura superlite. Lightweight, waterproof and tightish fitting. Nice cut too.

But you’ll need padded shorts under.

DezB
    Free Member

Cannondale Grind. In CRCs sale. Great fitting shorts, top quality and liner included.

djglover
    Free Member

I have gore, they are good. They are the 2005 or 6 freeride ones that I hunted round for for ages. They aren’t very baggy, are really light weight. They were not cheap though, the latest versions look much more baggy

theboatman
    Free Member

Another vote for the Rapha touring short, been in my kit rotation for about 7 months (inc the daily commute) and still looking bloody good, given the tailored sizing the fixed short is also worth considering (if you don’t mind spending) 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Oooh – some nice ideas there. I’d like to slag off the Raphas, but they look quite nice. I like Schoeller, so the Fixed would score higher, but for the price and the fact that they’re not really aimed at long days in the saddle. The Touring Shorts look pretty good, but no padding, so that means two layers.

Tons Polaris Nexus might be worth a punt at £30 as might those Cannondales.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

[mini hijack – sorry, OP]

DezB – how did you find the sizing on the Cannondale’s? I’m a 36″ waist and that’s at the top of their large sizing – do they fit bang on or is it safer to go up a size. Ah – the shame of it.

DezB
    Free Member

Well, I’d go for the XLs if I were you. I’m a bit smaller than a 36 and the L were spot on. But won’t be if I put on a couple of lbs..

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Shorts – not baggy, not skin-tight’ is closed to new replies.