Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shortest Frame Warranties
  • bland

Following on from the other couple of posts on this topic, conversely who offers terrible or short warranties, or who tries their hardest to get out of warranties.

I know Orange are pretty awful for warranties, just 2 years off the top of my head and thats why i ride a prophet and not a Five.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Pretty much everyone is 1 year based on the guidance for the sales of goods act, anything over that is a bonus.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

2nd hand?

But in my honest opinion, 2 years should in most cases be sufficiant to work out if there is a manufacturing defect.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

thats why i ride a prophet and not a Five.

Justify it all you like, we all know your just a cheepskate who really wanted a five :p

philjunior
    Free Member

The thing is, I’d rather ride a bike that had a 2 year warranty and was going to last for at least 2 years of hard riding than one with a lifetime warranty that lasted me 3 months, as one frame I had did (and it wasn’t destroyed in a crash either!).

Much worse are the companies that try to dodge real warranty claims though – I’m sure I heard something about Ellsworth “lifetime” warranties that were apparently only valid until the frame design changed (i.e. each year)

Onzadog
    Free Member

I understand that the warranty on a pace frame expires the second they pick up the phone.

clubber
    Free Member

I got a warranty replacement from Pace after around 10 months, no problem.

ads678

Orange Fives have a 3 year warrenty BTW.

Most hardtails have 5 years. Blood, Alpine & ST4 are 2 years. 224 1 year.

richc
    Free Member

shortest I know of is Cove at one year, which is the legal minimum they can be. I know this from experience when my broke at month 13, and the crash replacement cost more than I could get a frame in the sales.

Most seem to be 5 years, except Giant, Trek and Cannondale which I believe is lifetime

uplink
    Free Member

shortest I know of is Cove at one year, which is the legal minimum they can be.

AFAIK – the manufacturers don’t have to give any warranty at all

Your contract with the retailer is covered under SOGA, which in any case overrules any Ts & Cs laid out in a manufacturer warranty

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shortest Frame Warranties’ is closed to new replies.