Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shorten HGX chain!?
  • samjgeorge86
    Free Member

Ok, to cut a long story short, my lbs fitted my chain a few months ago, me knowing no different picked it up, thought it was a little “slack” but blamed that on running a 1×10.
    I’ve now come to learn this is not the case. And I need probably 3 links taken out.
    My question is, I know shimano chains have the connecting pin that is supposed to be used when the chains fitted and then not removed. To shorten my chain, can I just take out any other pin and reconnect it that way? Or do I really need a new chain and start over?

chives
    Free Member

Not sure you’d be successful re-using one of the original pins. Why not just buy a 10 speed connector pin?

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

Wasn’t sure if this was something I could get seperatly. Ordering one now, I take it I would just drive out the pin and then use the connector pin in it’s place?
    Is this the right one?

Cheers Chives.

chives
    Free Member

Sounds favourite!

paladin

I got those pins for mine initially, but then got a Kmc link, prob cheaper in the long run.

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

I’ve ordered a SRAM powerlink. I’m planning to get a new cassette chain and ring just after winter has passed, and heard these should hold up no problem!
    Thanks for the replies 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shorten HGX chain!?’ is closed to new replies.