Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Short travel XC Full Suuser or Hardtail
  • rep341
    Free Member

Looking for something a bit snappier than my Spicy for riding local loops and trail centre stuff, not sure I can take a HT all day – maybe get a 100mm/120 bike Epic/Trance or any other suggestions?
    Or will a HT like a Soul or Bfe Blender be good?

What you reckon? Dont have big budget either 🙁

mrblobby
    Free Member

Recommend trying a Soul or a Blue Pig. I was quite surprised at how good they were. You might need to give it a good long test ride as most unfamiliar bikes feel a bit weird initially, and going from FS to HT probably more so.

stevede
    Free Member

I have a Soul and a Blender, the Soul would fit the bill for sure. The Blender is cheaper and is loads of fun but its designed to run a single ring on the front so has no cable guides for a front mech. The Blender will be fine for most trail centre stuff but would be compromised on xc stuff as it has a slack seat tube angle and is designed for messing about in the woods, razzing round a 4x/bmx track, bit of dj,dh etc.
    The Soul is a very nice frame, capable of taking a beating but just enough spring in the rear end to keep it comfortable.
    If your used to a spicy a hardtail might be a shock to the system as you get used to riding it though.

chakaping
    Free Member

There’s a big difference between something like a Bfe and a Trance or Epic.

Forget the Bfe or Blender if you want “snappy”, they’ll weigh roughly the same as your Spicy.

I’d go lightweight if I were you. Just got a Carbon 456 and would recommend that as being very fast and responsive but also very versatile. They’re doing some great frame and fork deals now.

Or in FS the Trance is very lightweight if you get a post-2007 frame. It rides nice too. Watch ebay for complete bikes, lower end ones can go very cheap and you could upgrade over time. Have you thought about an Anthem X also? I’d rather have one of them myself for XC.

rep341
    Free Member

Cheers All- food for thought- carbon 456mmmmmm 🙂

rep341
    Free Member

if only the budget would allow!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Anthem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Short travel XC Full Suuser or Hardtail’ is closed to new replies.