Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Short Travel Frame advice please
  • rwc03
    Free Member

I’m on the look out for a new frame, as it’s probably time to admit the 17.5″ trek fuel 90 that I started out with 4 years ago is too small for my 6ft 2 frame.

I’m looking for something similar but perhaps with a touch more travel, so a 100-120mm bike to match the 120 RL forks upfront.

I mainly ride around Dorking in this country, but planning a few trips to Wales and possibly Spain this year

My Budget is £500, so probably looking at second hand. Any recommendations for what I should be looking out for would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

binners

I like the look of the Orange ST4.Graeme of this parish was out round rivi on his not long back. It happily waltzed down San Marino and the Ice Cream run with no problem

A quick search to get an idea of second-hand prices bought up one on the classifieds for £585.

rwc03
    Free Member

Cheers binners, looked at a few of the those, still haven’t made up my mind on the looks, need to see one in the flesh really.

binners

What else is in the frame, so to speak, as a possibility?

wrecker
    Free Member
    rwc03
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at trek top fuels, fuel exs and scott sparks, mainly for the reason that there’s a lot of them about. Wouldn’t mind something a bit more interesting though. This caught me eye:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120833288783?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_8035wt_1093

but don’t know much about them.

Commencal 4, another to add to the list, thanks wrecker

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Short Travel Frame advice please’ is closed to new replies.