Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • short stem for kids mtb
  • hpil
    Free Member

Daughter #2 has just graduated onto daughter #1’s Ridgeback MX20. Trouble is, daughter #2 is a bit of a pipsqueak and even with the saddle pushed all the way forwards the reach is still a little bit too much. Currently it has a 60mm stem (measured c/c) (1 1/8″ steerer), so I’m after recommendations for a shorter stem – probably 45mm, am thinking 35mm will be a little too short because she’s a bit nervy going downhill. Don’t want to spend a fortune, but am a little wary of the £6 jobbies from china on ebay…
    Any recommendations sub £20????

jms
    Free Member

Was about to list my daughter’s NS bikes co stem, which is 40mm. Takes non OS bars whereas I found that virtually all short stems usually take OS bars. It’s quite chunky but wanted something robust. Would certainly be sub £20 including p and p. Am in Wokingham, Berks. Email in profile if interested.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

31.8 or 25.4mm bars?

I’ve just fitted a Chinese one to my daughter’s Islabike – an Orion 31.8mm one, 50mm, weighs a fair bit though…

May swap it for something lighter in time. Uno do a 35mm one on ebay too (31.8).

hpil
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve clocked the uno one – any good do you think? Bars are 25.4 however I have a longer term plan for some upgrades on daughter#1’s mx24 which requires bars, and have seen some good 31.8 bars on CR, so the mx24 gets the hand me downs and the mx20 gets a new short stem & new bars… if the cheapy Uno stem is reliable…?

blairc70
    Free Member

https://www.bike-components.de/en/Truvativ/Hussefelt-Vorbau-OS-p30227/

Might need to order some bits for your steed to keep the postage sensible. Tyres are good value.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘short stem for kids mtb’ is closed to new replies.