Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Short Northumberland coast ride?
  • alanl
    Free Member

I’m up in Northumberland on Monday for a few hours, i went 2 years ago, and found the coast around Warkworth and Craster to be really nice, but I didnt take any notice of any bridlepaths, or cycle routes along the coast there.
    Do any locals know if there is a nice 10 miles out and back route 5 there, 5 back, for me to do when I’m there.
    I’m a bit limited for time, so cannot really do much more than a hour and half, possibly 2 hours.
    I’ll be travelling South from Warkworth to get back home,so somewhere a little south of there would be suitable too.

Any ideas?
    Ta
    Alan.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I looked at doing bits of the coast and castles with the missus – it all looks good, especially from Almouth up to Lindisfarne, but it’s pretty linear. We we’re considering using the Northumberland bike bus people(can’t recall the link back now) to take us back to the cars at the end of the ride instead of back-tracking but we’d need a bigger group for it to make sense financially.

faceplanter99
    Free Member

I live minutes away from the areas you mention. There is a cycle track from Warkwarth to Alnmouth that drops you by the village. I normally call in at the Red lion pub in Alnmouth for a refreshing drink in the beer garden that overlooks the estuary – stunning!! Depending on time and the distance you wish to do, you could extend the ride by starting at Amble and ride to Alnmouth and back. All tracks have spectacular views and nothing too taxing.

alanl
    Free Member

Thankyou, that’s really helpful.
    I’ll probably be there aroudn 10 on Monday.
    Thanks
    Alan.

Drac

Yeah from Amble or Warkworth to Alnmouth is great, there’s a bridleway just as you come over at Warkworth the bridge head up the turning to right follow that. The Bridleway takes your right along the coast nicer than the cycle path that follows the road. Red Lion for a pint back to Amble for an ice-cream at Spurellis.

Ah tell a lie that’s the cheeky bit, the bridleway is further along.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=424500&y=606500&z=120&sv=warkworth&st=3&tl=Map+of+Warkworth,+Northumberland+%5BCity/Town/Village%5D&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Short Northumberland coast ride?’ is closed to new replies.