Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Short list a few bikes for me please….
  • scotroutes

130-140mm full suspension frame and forks
    27.5″ wheels
    Shimano 2×11 groupset
    Doesn’t involve selling a limb

I’ll start;

Orbea Occam AM
    Canyon Spectral

tenfoot

Camber

EDIT:- camber is SRAM 1 x 11

scotroutes

Which model Camber has a Shimano groupset?

tenfoot

Yeah, sorry, stealth edit ^^

tenfoot

Lapierre Zesty XM 227. Has 130mm travel at the front, but only 120mm at the rear.

mboy
    Free Member

Question… Why limit yourself to 2×11? A typical 26/36 chainset with 11-40 cassette doesn’t give you any more real world range than the new 11-46 cassettes do when used in a 1x setup.

Personally, you wouldn’t get me back on an MTB with a front derailleur unless it had the logos “XTR” and “Di2”, and even then I’d still question the need despite the flawless function.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Radon Slide do a 2×11 140mm I think but you are massively restricting yourself

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Spectral Colin, Brilliant bike.

bikebouy
    Free Member

This? £199, available in store right now.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Rose granite chief. Mate loves his and its 2x.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

It’s your money but isn’t that kind of bike overkill for the riding you do? Are you about to get Gnar in your dotage?

metalheart
    Free Member

Giant Trance will take a front mech (can only see 2×10 deore on complete 17 bike though, although there might be some 16 with 2×10 SLX on offer somewhere), just think of the fun you could have specing it up :mrgreen:

Don’t know what you want with full sus though, what you really want is a Sherpa. Comes with boost forks and a 2×11 if your prepared to wait…. 😉

scotroutes

Rose Granite Chief, Zesty, Giant Trance and Radon Slide added to the shortlist, thanks.

The thread for shit chainlines and big sprockets made of cheese is over there ===>

moonsaballoon

Bird Aeris , they will build to your spec .

thepurist

Think the Bird Aeris can take 2×11 and can be specced with shimano or shonky gears.

What he said.

frankconway

Check out the Radon range from bike discount – online store in Germany.
    http://www.bike-discount.de/en

I’ve a road bike from them; value for money is great and they don’t use cheap/unbranded components. Also bought a set of rollers.
    Delivery was efficient and goodies were well packaged.
    Their prices include VAT but shipping is extra.

The guy who owns bike discount has a brother who started/runs either Canyon or Cube; I think they have shared procurement which feeds into their competitive pricing.

wiggles
    Free Member

Cube stereo 140

Other German bikes are available (only country where 2×11 is seen as a good thing)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Short list a few bikes for me please….’ is closed to new replies.