Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Short changed at the cashpoint.
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

About 4 weeks ago I withdrew £200 from the cashpoint. It all came out in £20 notes.Foolishly I didnt check if it was all there, later realised it was £20 short. Returned to the branch that day who said they would balance the cashpoint in a week and if it was £20 over they would return the cash to my account. Recieved a call today to say the cashpoint was in order and that was that.

Anyone out there had this happen to them, and yes I know, check next time!!!

portlyone

I have had friends who’ve handed over two notes because they were loosely stuck to each after coming out of the machine.

milky1980
    Free Member

Phone your bank to log the transaction as queried. They will then flag it up to the cashpoint operator who will keep an eye on the figures. The balance could be right this time but then out after the next fill.

Out of interest who was the cashpoint operator?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Took a hundred out.

No money appeared.

Shat myself.

Woke up drunk as a skunk and the money had returned to my account.

fin

Edit:Didn’t actually poop.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Milky, it was a natwest bank cashpoint. My branch too.

antares
    Free Member

Even if you’d have checked it there and then and gone straight in the bank to tell them it was £20 down the outcome would still be the same as it is now. The cash point balanced so that’s the end of it.

milky1980
    Free Member

Some of their machines are filled and all are maintained by an outside company so possible the machine had been refilled before they counted it. I’d log it using the phone number on your card , if there is any discrepancy on the balance they can trace it back to you.

scc999

Had this happen in Tanzania – same result. Cashpoint balanced so that was that.

I imagine that this happens in a very small percentage of transactions so nothing gets done about it.

hooli

You draw £200 at a time, flash git 😆

dknwhy

Depends on how nice your branch is as to how easily you’ll get your money back. Nat West branches are run as franchises now effectively and all branch managers are responsible for their own “errors banking” account which is lumped in with costs for staff, stationery etc and they’re expected to show a profit for the year.
    Just because the cashpoint balances, doesn’t mean that the cash centre loaded the bundles and cash machine cartridges correctly.
    If you’re that bothered about the principle, email a complaint off to them and if you’re the sort of person who runs a reasonable account and looks pretty honest financially, they may just give it back to you out of goodwill.

dknwhy

hooli – Member
    You draw £200 at a time, flash git

Coke and hookers presumably.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I drew £40 out from a cash point in a shop in Ilfracombe, pocketed the cash and went to get some fish and chips. When I pulled the two twenties out of my pocket I noticed one of then did not feel right. It was a proper fake and by that I mean a proper shit one. Went back to the offending and complained and phoned the police but drew a blank. Shop said no way it would have come from then and there was nowt the fuzz could do. I was reet pissed off to say the least. 👿

Northwind

Used to work in a branch, it went like this:

1) Fill in a claim form thing
    2) Wait for machine to be balanced
    3) The machine was always balanced
    4) Complain
    5) Get money back

I only remember one pisstaker getting turned down.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Cash and hookers, i wish!!!! (it was for bike related bits) 😀
    20 quid is 20 quid, if it was 5 or 10 I wouldn’t be so bothered. I have spoken to the branch who have said I can make an official complaint? so I will pop in tomorrow.
    My accounts are good and I have been with the branch for 17 yrs so hopefully they dont think I am trying it on.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Short changed at the cashpoint.’ is closed to new replies.