• This topic has 21 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by teef.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • shoe glue?
  • oxym0r0n

What does the massiv recommend for gluing the sole back onto shoes please?

Thanks in advance

rosscopeco
    Free Member

sugru

footflaps

Any decent seam sealer glue will do. Local independent DIY store sells it for £5 / tube. Sets like soft rubber, really flexible and lasts years.

turboferret

I’ve thought that EvoStick impact adhesive was the stuff of choice, but perhaps there are better options around these days. It’s certainly easy to get hold of, if that helps 🙂

Cheers, Rich

johndoh
    Free Member

I got some weather resistant superglue to fix one of my kid’s shoes so they will least till the end of term.

teef
    Free Member

Chuck ’em out and get a new pair – you fighting a losing battle

chrisdw
    Free Member

Hot glue gun

johndoh
    Free Member

In my case I wasn’t going to do that a couple of weeks before the end of term with a pair school shoes that she’ll have outgrown by October anyway. Especially with their shoes costing about double what I will spend on myself.

Lucas
    Free Member

Although its probably not perfect as it sets ridged I’ve glued my 5 your old’s school shoes back together with Araldite – it was all I had. It’s lasted 3 weeks so only 2 to go until they break up and he grows 3 sizes over summer.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Klebfest.

loddrik
    Free Member

shoe goo

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shoe-Goo-Ultimate-Performance/dp/B000RA5UNU/ref=pd_bxgy_kh_img_y

This. Saved many a pair of Vans and Airwalks decades ago when I was a skater. Smells bloody lovely too.

johndoh
    Free Member

£15 for some bloody glue?

At that price I’d rather buy some new shoes!

atlaz
    Free Member

Shoe Goo. You can even reconstruct entire soles with it. I used it quite a lot as a youth skateboarding as 5 quid on shoegoo was better than 40 quid on skate shoes.

natrix
    Free Member

Shoe goo is great stuff (look around, you can get it cheaper than £15)

DezB
    Free Member

Araldite works

oxym0r0n

Thanks folks – school shoes and wife’s heels which both have plenty of life left 😀

CountZero

Glue for soles needs to be flexible, so Evo-Stick is the stuff. Araldite is useless, it’s not flexible, so will break up and crack. You can make your own Sugru using silicon sealant and corn starch, which would be as good as Shoe Goo.
    http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Make-Your-Own-Sugru-Substitute/#step0

butcher

I used Shoe Goo on my walking boots and it lasted all of about two weeks. So they’re waiting to go to the cobblers now.

Although it wasn’t actually me that did it. I got in from work to find the other half had done it for me, so I can’t vouch for the technique used…

Jolsa

Used Black Witch Neoprene Adhesive to patch a hole (upper mesh not sole) in my Inov-8 Trailrocs. Worked a treat so may be worth a fiver?

Leigh
    Free Member

teef
    Free Member

As I said – see above

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘shoe glue?’ is closed to new replies.