Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Shocked Good service it’ll never catch on
  • pantsonfire
    Free Member

Just had dealings with Southdown cycles and I have to say I am impressed They answered the phone they were polite they even checked they had what I wanted in stock before I ordered.

Will it ever catch on

Onzadog
    Free Member

Isn’t that just…service? Bit like ebay isn’t it. Someones holding out for the worlds greatest feedback. Hang on a minute. You paid, I put it in a bag and it arived in one piece in a timely fashion. That’s not “world’s best ebayer”, that’s just doing what should be done.

It’s nice to see and all and it beats one of the alternatives!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Doesnt that count for waitresses too though – why should I leave a tip if there hasnt been some sort of extra involved – I mean I paid for my food, I expect you to bring it to me in a timely and polite manner and that’s all I want, why should I tip?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Doesnt that count for waitresses too though – why should I leave a tip if there hasnt been some sort of extra involved – I mean I paid for my food, I expect you to bring it to me in a timely and polite manner and that’s all I want, why should I tip?

Because they get paid **** all and sometimes its nice to be nice

coffeeking
    Free Member

Because they get paid **** all and sometimes its nice to be nice

The wages they get for the job they chose are my concern? Odd. I waited for a while, some of the other staff were outraged if they didnt get tip, but I didnt understand it – I took the job based on the wages, not based on the wage+tips.

While I do tip some, I certainly dont for just serving me normally.

I dont tip the milkman, or the postie, or the woman working behind the desk in the bank, all of whome do the job just fine and dont get paid very well…

Brycey
    Free Member

“The wages they get for the job they choose are my concern?”

What an inclusive outlook on life. Tosser.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Its above the minimum wage, they selected that job – why should I care what they’re paid? I dont expect people to care what I’m paid. If they’re not paid enough they should get a different job or demand more money for what they do? They’re not “victims” needing pity, they’re doing a job. If they do it right they get paid, if they do it very well I’ll give them something extra for their efforts – wheres the problem there? Idiot. (see, we can all end our little comments with infantile insults 🙄 )

Smee
    Free Member

Brycey – to me you are the one that is being the tosser here.

Brycey
    Free Member

Booorrriiinnnggg. I don’t think anyone is suggesting waiting staff are victims, although I am absolutely suggesting that your view point is pretty poor.

ton

i got some cracking service yesterday.
    phoned a bike shop near work, not used them much.
    wanting to buy some new brakes, hope v tech or something £300ish
    the bloke said he would do them at £270.
    i asked if i brought my bike down (11.15am) could he fit them.
    he said yes.
    phoned at 3.30 and he said he was having trouble fitting the front brake.
    i went at 4.00 and he had just finished.
    he had got the front brake fitted.
    nothing too special i bet your thinking.
    the bloke was working by hisself in the shop all day.
    so ED at CROSSTRAX in rodley leeds, you are a star mate.
    i will be using the shop a lot more now.

MrNutt
    Free Member

well I’ve had an outstanding day, been to three bike shops and received the following:

A: an absolute load of photography equipment (many many thanks to http://www.noahsark.co.uk for that, right out of the blue! amazing!)

B: a great new bike to play on for the weekend (many thanks to www2.merida-bikes.com & http://www.thebigadventurestore.co.uk for that!)

C: and a nice cup of coffee (thats http://www.redplanetbikes.co.uk best cup of coffee in town!)

I’d recommend them all, unreservedly! 200% excellent service!! 🙂

one very very satisfied customer here!! 🙂

mosschops
    Free Member

Just back to waiting and tips for a moment, I’d relate tips to a performance related bonus that is actually paid by the consumer due to the quality of the service received

If bankers bonus had been more connected to how customers felt about performance maybe they would have been less risk taking lunacy*

*also believe in minimum standards to avoid a race to the bottom

and back in the real world Addiktion In St Albans have been v good my last two visits for repairs

MC

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

mosschops, are you in St Albans?
    I have tried most of the shops in the vicinity, & I find Marshall’s in WGC the best by far for me. Don’t get me wrong, Neil & the crew can be very pleasant, but they don’t exactly strive to get you the exact kit you want at a decent price. I used to deal with them at leisurewheels & changed when he started his own business, as I like them all & had some great rides with them, but for me its ultimately about the customer service I have received in Marshall’s that will make it my only LBS for the foreseeable future.

Oh, Brycey, your lucky to live up the food chain a little (or a lot, I don’t know), if your station in life was to serve tables then I bet your attitude would change, but yes I agree, exceptional service demands a tip.
    To me exceptional service from a waiter/waitress on minimum wage would be to smile & not spit in the food of all the t0ssers looking down on them whilst complaining about the lack of service.

Cheers.

Brycey
    Free Member

I think if you read my post properly you’ll see I’m defending waiting staff (which I did for years) and totally agree they more than deserve tips. It was Coffeeking that seems to have something against tipping them.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Sorry, your right, its Mr king that has issues.

jam-bo

no waiting staff (or anyone for that matter) deserves anything by default. you gotta earn a tip.

Peregrine
    Free Member

Got very good service from CRC this week, think i’ll sent them a tip.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Shocked Good service it’ll never catch on’ is closed to new replies.