Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • shock bushes – expected life?
  • scruff9252

Ive just given my bike a quick once over before tonight’s ride and noticed a clunk amd some play from the bottom shock mount/bush. How long would you expect these to last?

I bought these bushes at the turn of the year, rode Strathpuffer as a quad (so 60km) and used the bike 6/7 times on top of the puffer.

Kinda feels like too short a life expectancy really. Am I being unrealistic in expected life?

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

Not all linkages are created equal. Some bikes shock bushes last forever. Other’s get nommed down like an old twix.

Trimix
    Free Member

I’ve had some last just months, other more than a year.

You can buy harder ones, but something has to give and you don’t want that to be your frame or shock. So let the bushes wear out.

Dirt will make them wear faster as will poorly fitted ones or ones that are not quite the right size.

raisinhat
    Free Member

I would generally say a year, but it does depend on the bike, amount of riding, and conditions too. What you describe does sound bit short, is it possible that some other pivot or bearing has gone instead?

scruff9252

No id bet my last jaffa cake it’s the shock mount. I can feel it move a fraction of a mm when I pick the back wheel off the groubd.

So where’s good for replament bushings? I’ll use a different brand and see how they compare.

In retrospect the puffer was a granite laced mudfest so that could be the main culprit…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘shock bushes – expected life?’ is closed to new replies.