Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • shock back from being fixed but possibly not my shock?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

so I had my ccdb done under warranty, got it back today all shiny and fixed…but with the main body end still sporting its mounting hardwear, the thing is, I took the mounting hardwear off before i sent the shock back, so would this mean I have a different shock now or do they insert some mounting hardwear to test it?

so just use it and shut up or find out why its come back different?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ride it and if it doesn’t work send it back. Win win situation.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Does the shock mounting fit your bike?

zelak999
    Free Member

I would have to find out what happened!

carlphillips
    Free Member

shock mounting does fit my bike yes. probably give them a bell in the morning, I’m not that fussed but intrigued..

coatesy
    Free Member

Don’t know about Cane creek, but Mojo normally fit new hardware as part of a service.

carlphillips
    Free Member

only fitted one end though, weirdness ?

sweaman2
    Free Member

I’ve had warranty shocks previously (though not a cane creek) where they just sent out a new shock. The old shock had some distinctive crash damage which the new one was lacking so it was obvious to me it was a different shock. As it was a warranty I wasn’t fussed tbh.

d45yth
    Free Member

Mojo normally fit new hardware as part of a service.

As does anyone who services shocks. Did Cane Creek (or whoever) know what frame you have?
    Ignore, just saw the new posts.

carlphillips
    Free Member

mounting hardware not new though, scratches evident on the bar and spacers from previous use, shock body is flawless though (as was mine).

carlphillips
    Free Member

got a call from them this morning on my way to work (they had seen the thread) all cleared up now, it was my shock and im a happy bunny!

Onzadog
    Free Member

So what did happen then?

(can you tell I’m having a slow day?)

rapiddescent

I sent my 5th element to TF and the shock came back with brand new mounting hardware and new end caps even though I didn’t send them in. pretty good service. the shock was so well cleaned etc, I thought they’d sent the wrong one too!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘shock back from being fixed but possibly not my shock?’ is closed to new replies.