Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • shin protection
  • hainman
    Free Member

well out for a wee pedal this mornin with my mate and done a silly wee jump trying to pull some flair on it and landed with my front whell still sideways,DOH!!!anyhoo i spilled and went sprawlling across the leafy mud and managed to rip my shin open,thought i was going to pass out into the bargain.anyhoo looking for some help in buying some shin guards.dont want to spend silly money but just something that will stop future shin shredding and the brunt of the impact.i also have osteopenia so im lucky i never broke my leg.thanks for any advice…

jedi

fuse do nice shin only pads

hainman
    Free Member

cheers jedi,i was close to wearing my sons footy shin guards

jedi

they work. i havent hit my shins in years on mtb. i wear them on bmx

hainman
    Free Member

its **** sore!!!they flat pedals are a killer!!would footy ones work??

jedi

yeah of course

hainman
    Free Member

will need to invest in something pronto,my shin isnt up for another assault of this nature 😥

MentalMickey
    Free Member

I use these….. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=10172

I wear tubigrip underneath on the knee area to stop any chafing and now wear 3/4 length bib which also helps, I can ride XC with these on for hours without noticing I even have them on.

I’ve had plenty of accidents without them on, pedal in the shins, knee to the headset etc….then I’ve had the same accidents with them on and know the value of wearing them. 😉

stevious

I have some footy shin guards that cost me about 7 quid. Seem to do much the same job as the more expensive ones, although don’t feel quite as secure.

hainman
    Free Member

cheers boys.as the night draws in its starting to get abit throbby.seen some nice neoprene ones that look quite light.suppose you cant put a price on yer health!!think there 661 veggies!

hainman
    Free Member

got my shin pads in today from ebay(£5)there fox racing ones that velcro at the back,not the plastic looking ones nut the fabric ones.anyone used or use these,they look quite good and up for the job(i hope) as dont think my shin would take another dunt!!
    http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3113
    exact same as these,looks like i got a bargain!!

jedi

i use the same design for bmx

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘shin protection’ is closed to new replies.