Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Shimano.co.uk – bit strange to have on your homepage?
  • martinxyz
    Free Member

Thought I’d find Dura Ace and xtr blinginess in my face. Seems a bit odd.
    http://www.shimano.co.uk/content/Corporate/english/index/financial-infomation/summary-of-financial-results.html

poly
    Free Member

you know Shimano don’t just make bike stuff? they make fishing kit and rowing stuff too…

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Erm I think he meant the finance documents.

poly
    Free Member

In that case he’s on the “wrong” site – he’s on the corporate / group site. The Bike parts site is here: http://cycle.shimano-eu.com/

martinxyz
    Free Member

I Googled ‘shimano’ and opened the site at the top of the page that was co.uk. It has cycling,fishing and rowing on it. Just didn’t expect to find a financial report on the homepage.

Macavity
    Free Member

cliffyc
    Free Member

I believe Shimano first started out making fishing reels,then the bike stuff.

atlaz
    Free Member

Why wouldn’t a large company have a prominent link to their reports on their corporate homepage?

Sincerely,

Confused of Luxembourg

aP
    Free Member

In developing a bicycle component, for instance, we imagine a cycling scene, where riders feel like pedaling more slowly to enjoy the singing birds and cool breeze even more thoroughly.

That quote is much more odd than having financial information on their home page.

granny_ring

Shimano make bike parts?

njee20
    Free Member

Who make what parts?

martinxyz
    Free Member

Lol aP.

Some of you seem to think I’m confused that I’m finding fishing or rowing gear. It wasn’t the query.

I go to Shimano.co.uk and find their financial report slap bang in the middle of the homepage. How many people going to Shimano’s site wish to view this over cycling,fishing or rowing gear?

I thought I’d go to Shimano.com.The same thing in the middle of their homepage. Try going to Mavic.com, Trek.com,Sram.com etc. None of them have financial reports on the homepage.

I can’t think of any other company on the web that would have this on their homepage. With that lovely new xtr 9000 groupset coming out, you’d think they’d want to be waving this in our faces first and foremost.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Shimano.co.uk – bit strange to have on your homepage?’ is closed to new replies.