Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shimano Zee cranks
  • Stevet1
    Free Member

Are there any decent alternatives to these at around £74 for a single ring chainset?

http://www.merlincycles.com/shimano-zee-fc-m640-10-speed-chainset-59607.html

Will be going on a jump / BMX track bike.

Ta.

superdan

All good, but very very heavy

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Basically Deore but stronger and much heavier.

This is the 83mm axle Zee so the 69/73 is probably a bit lighter

ekul
    Free Member

They’re also pretty susceptible to heel rub. I have them in my downhill bike and have worn them down to the metal already! They’ve just turned 2 months old…

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I’m looking at these as need 83mm and want 165mm for my DH bike. They are the same weight as Saints but concave back rather than hollow forged and a lower grade material so not as strong.

A comparison with SLX in strength would be interesting but unless you need an 83mm shell I’d look at SLX – plenty of people hammering them on AM bikes and I run them on my 4x bike. Had featherweight XTR 970s on my DH bike for a season, then on my jump bike so reckon SLX are tough enough.

2nd hand Saints if you need the strength?

Stevet1
    Free Member

Thanks all – think I’ll look at SLX, probably don’t need the extra strength of the Zee’s I’m a fairly smooth rider most of the time.

scruff
    Free Member

If you dont need a 165mm crank for 83 BB with steel pedal inserts get something else.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Zee cranks’ is closed to new replies.