Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Shimano XT/SLX Cranks into Truvtiv GXP BB?
  • chrisjnr
    Free Member

Little help needed, the current set of Truvativ cranks don’t seem to be doing the job (as absurd as that sounds) and I have decided that I would like a good set of Shimano cranks (which I have always wanted 😛 ), and I wanted to know whether I would be able to keep the current Bottom bracket or whether I would have to swap it out for a Shimano BB? ❓

cruzer
    Free Member

Unfortunately you will have to get a new BB with the shimano cranks, due to them having a slightly different spindle size. 🙂

simondbarnes

You’d need to swap the bb for a shimano compatible one. If it’s mtb then shimano HT2 cranks come complete with bb.

chrisjnr
    Free Member

Ouch, I was dreading that answer. Oh well that adds another £35 to the budget for a Shimano HT2 bb off ebay along with the SLX cranks…
    “better cranks, extra money”
    You win some you lose some eh? 😀
    Thanks for the help though 🙂

Highland28
    Free Member

I would check t see if you get a bb with your cranks as shimano tend to give them included. But if not go onto crc and get a gusset for 25, they run really well and they get very good reviews aswell.

Mowgli
    Free Member

I have a brand new SLX HT2 BB for sale, which came with some SLX cranks I have just bought. If yours don’t come with one, give me a shout!

chrisjnr
    Free Member

The thing is, the majority of cranksets on ebay are used, and tend not to come with BB’s,
    …but I shall check CRC and have a look at the gussets.

chrisjnr
    Free Member

Mowgli…
    what sort of cash are we looking at?

Highland28
    Free Member

Ah i see, how much were you planning on spending? they are selling slx cranks on actionsports in germany for around £85 posted

Mowgli
    Free Member

£24 posted? I am fairly sure it’s the same as this one

chrisjnr
    Free Member

The 89.90 Euros seems like a very attractive proposition, although I was looking at around £80 for a used one) I’m sure I could stretch…
    Ooh, and look what i’ve found a SLX groupset for 219 euros= £196, Is that a good deal?
    Mowgli… tbh that sounds good compared to ebay, although atm, research is still in its early days, keep it hot though, as if I don’t get what I want new… I’ll come back to you 😀

Del

whatever happens, you’re best off ditching the truvativ 5h1t, cranks, bb, and all. IMHO.

chrisjnr
    Free Member

Yeah, I thought so too 😛

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Shimano XT/SLX Cranks into Truvtiv GXP BB?’ is closed to new replies.