Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • SHIMANO XT 775 REAR WHEEL ISSUE …….
  • bollard
    Free Member

Has anyone a fix for the rear wheel coming loose ?
    I’ve stripped it down today, regreased bearings ran fine in hand, put on bike didn’t make it past the gate ! rear wheel loose checked spindle no play ? any ideas ??
    I’ve had enough been on it for 2 hours a back wheel 2 hours !
    Off to the pub it will make more sense in the morning 😀
    one thing to add i struggled to remove the cone from the drive side .

wwaswas

sounds like wheel’s loose in the dropouts or spokes are loose making rim feel loose whilst wheel clamped in dropouts and hub firm?

cynic-al
    Free Member

this is the new design?

well known for not really working sadly. no idea re. a fix.

bollard
    Free Member

i’ve heard wind to locktight /glue the drive side cone and outer nut bolt to the shaft ?

bollard
    Free Member

anyone anymore ideas ?

amt27
    Free Member

it’s the freehub bolt, take the axle out and tighten with a 21mm IIRC allen key or a hex bolt of similar size,

bollard
    Free Member

just found that as soon as i apply the brake bang it goes loose ?

jg911
    Free Member

I had to tighten the cones on my XT’s every time I rode. Stripped them numerous times and used locktite but gave up in the end. Bought some Hope’s on Friday and they are miles better.

robfury
    Free Member

I have the same hubs, my rear one did the same when new, inner cone on freebody side not tightened enough.

you need to take freebody off, there is a spacer on drive side between cone and lock nut. take out axle from drive side, properly tighten drive side cone againsts spacer and lock nut.

put back in with bearings, then do other side and tension up cones from no drive side.

did mine 18 months ago had no issues since

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘SHIMANO XT 775 REAR WHEEL ISSUE …….’ is closed to new replies.